Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a local car for sale, my initial inspection has revealed the following info.
Car has 20k KLM (Canadian Car)
Vin number in the 1900s
TM part numbers ... front motor ending in 001 and the rear motor ending 003.
Green symbol visible on rear motor not on front.
Rear motor looks newer than front and has a production date of 2013. Front 2011.
Sticker on right front shock tower showing campaign number 70112005.03
dated Sept 20 2013.
Car seems to drive fine and no warning or fault lights

Appreciate any input and info.

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
The rear motor obviously was replaced the rear fails more then the front more then likely the motor was replaced under warranty. It was up to Fiskers TSS department if we replaced both both motors and the RDM or just what the car needed . This was all based on the condition of the splines and a measurement.
Under warranty I always replaced all three parts to much work just to replace one motor. At one point it was rumor Fisker was going to have a full blown recall to replace all three parts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Harleyguy,

I figured as much and from what I have read it looks like I would at the very least be faced with updating the RDM to current spec and possibly replacing/repairing the splines in the front motor.
Either way it requries a re & re of the driveline.
Can you or FiskerPhilly clarify what is included in the $4500 warranty fee in terms of the RDM update if anything?
Also here is the full Vin if that helps in shedding any more light on the service history. YH4K14AA2CAOO1921
I would love to find a dealer/factory certified car with this work already done but there are none available locally and the current exchange rate makes importing one from the U.S. very expensive.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
The 4500 includes doing the rdm rework on a car with good operating rear drive as in no leaks or noises as inspected.
Any components such as exhaust, CIU water prevention, lug nuts maintenance, filters, brake fluid etc must also be taken care of prior to being accepted to the program. Those items are owners expense.
I have 2 Canadian cars here now and yes the exchange rate is a killer for you guys. Just no other way to get them rebuilt up there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts