Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Signatory #80
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
apparently it is a common issue
My signatory #80 broke down and the dealer says it needs a new differential and maybe also a new motor.
Fisker (and Emil Frey, the European importer) did not talk about hardening the things like it is mentioned in the Forum for the US :mad: ...

I had heard a "clack" noise when switching to acceleration for a few days, but then something broke and the electro motor went wild - making a VERY loud siren noise.

Now they are quoting $8000 just for the differential piece !!
and it takes 2 months delivery - I guess they are shipping it from the US..
And they are not sure if they need to replace the motor as well!
-> do you have better options?

many thanks and best greetings from Basel, Switzerland
Patrick

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Not many option considering where you are located and more than likely you will need at least one motor you might want to contact Joe at Fisker Philly

·
Signatory #80
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
End of the story RDM - Switzerland

just to complete the thread ...

I had ordered the spare parts at Fiskerphilly/CherryHill as suggested here, but the RDM was unavailable for many months.
I received the parts finally in August'17 and the EmilFrey garage had them in by Mid September. The RDM and one of the motors damaged, one still usable - so I have now one spare motor.
EmilFrey (Fisker distributors in Europe) could not get the RDM neither.

All running fine afterwards.
With the spare parts shipped from the US it was cheaper, but still nearly 20k :-/

Crazy for a small part having an - apparently known - flaw.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Sorry to hear about your expensive, needed repairs.

I own Signature Edition Car #13 and I am doing a fun project spreadsheet and I am trying to compile info info on all Sig Ed Cars 1-100. I assume your car is Signature Edition Car #80 .

Would you be willing to share some basic info on your car: How many miles/kilometers do you have on your car, how long have you owned it, where did you purchase it from, etc.

Thanks and good luck with your car. Great to be communicating with you from such a long distance away. This is a great forum.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
frenchp:
I received your PM, THANKS!
I also sent you a PM and an email.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts