Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a Karma and just started to use it this year. The 12V battery keeps on going dead and driving me crazy. I realized the radio won't shut off so I had the volume down to zero and didn't realize but it is still draining. I mute the volume now from the steering wheel but I have a feeling it is still going to happen. From what I understand I have to bring it to a dealer to reset the module. Is that my best solution and does anyone know where the closest shop would be to Windsor Ontario across from Detroit MI. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
More then likely you need a new CIU I haven't seen any software fix that problem . The radio doesn't have a power switch .

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
I had this one time in three years. I stopped, waited for the car to "sleep". Then did a hard reset. That fixed the problem. I never had the radio fail to shut off before or sense.... I figured to give it a try, it was the only time I hard reset the car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have just replaced my US CIU (2012) with an European Unit (more frequencies and EU sat nav. Everything was working OK on it but it wasn't suitable for the UK radio frequencies. If you want it, i would be happy to accept $500 including FedEx shipment. I had to pay EU2700 for the new unit. Attached are some pics. PM me if you would like it,

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts