Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 6.13. Had the car for 2 days. Drove last night about 20 miles.

1. At night, does anyone find the inside of the car fairly dark. The buttons on the steering are not back illuminated and it's kind of hard to find the buttons?

2. As I turned off the car, the dash read "ESC NOT READY" . Why would the steering control state that when I turn off the car?

3. Is there a way to turn the radio "OFF" and not just mute it?

4. With the 220v chargers for anyone who has one (like the home depot one), is there just a 220v plug on the back? So if an electrician just runs a split off my dryer plug (they are right next to each other) can I just buy it and plug it in?

5. Does the rebate still apply on the federal for the chargers for 2012? anyone know?

6. If you have an iphone, how do you handle having it charging and still be able to see and use it? I cant put it in the holder thing because it has to be upside down if you have it plugged in..

7. Is the bluetooth voice of sufficient quality that you have been able to talk to other people without acting like the verizon guy? "Can you hear me now? "...

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
BigDaddy:
#1 I agree, plus the center console is too bright for my tastes (needs to auto-dim or change to white on black IMHO)
#3 not that I've found, but you probably want to do that before you shut the Karma off anyway due to the stereo blasting after you press the agree button issue
#4 depends on your local electrical code
5 no, it expired at the end of 2011
#7 it sounded fine when I made a call the other day, using 6.13 to an iPhone.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
The Bluetooth audio quality has some echos/tin sounds to it.... a bit of static as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
#3: I change the input source to "Aux" on the Audio screen. That way, your volume stays up, but you've just switched away from any live feed (unless, of course, you have a laptop something plugged into your AUX plug in the center console, which I doubt)

#4: yes, there are some plug-in chargers so you don't have to hard-wire in the wall, but as said above, your local code may or may not allow them

#7: voice clarity is good, but I find if the person on the other end starts talking really loudly, I get distortion and that "tinny" painful crackling from the speaker. This only happens if I have turned the volume up over 10 to hear them ("this one goes to eleven!")
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Dave_Car_Guy said:
#3: I change the input source to "Aux" on the Audio screen. That way, your volume stays up, but you've just switched away from any live feed (unless, of course, you have a laptop something plugged into your AUX plug in the center console, which I doubt)

#4: yes, there are some plug-in chargers so you don't have to hard-wire in the wall, but as said above, your local code may or may not allow them

#7: voice clarity is good, but I find if the person on the other end starts talking really loudly, I get distortion and that "tinny" painful crackling from the speaker. This only happens if I have turned the volume up over 10 to hear them ("this one goes to eleven!")
Even at level 7-9, I hear that crackling/tinny sound on mine...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
1. I dislike the fact that the steering buttons are not illuminated.
2. never had this issue
3. not that I know of
4. just don't dyr clothes at the same time or you could have issues
5. as siliconkiwi said, it expired 2011, I just got mine installed in time
6. don't have an iPhone and don't plan on getting one
7. Sound quality is good, I agree with Dave, if the volume is over 10 it gets worse, I even had a friend of mine talk to me on Skype or some other VOIP service and the sound quality was better over the car than over my phone (Palm Pre). It was very loud when he would clear his throat though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some more bugs...anyone else have these?

1. I had the FOB in my pocket and the car couldnt find it. Kept on saying FOB HAS LEFT THE CAR

2. I wish the button to open the door was back illuminated. No one seems to be able to find the damn thing in the dark - anyone else?

3. Does anyone have any practical use for the voice navigation lady? is there a way to have it just ask for a command instead of asking for a long description of the possible things you can do?

4. Does the car fit over those concrete stopper things at the front of parking spots in malls or is the front too low and you have to stop short?

5. Is there a way to have the internal lights turn on (all of them) rather than having to hit the button to turn on the * INCANDESCENT !!* overhead driver and passenger light?

6. Does Hill mode recharge the battery if you are in Sport mode or is only of use if you are in Stealth mode?



Thanks
bdo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
3: press the voice command button again, she will shut up and wait for your command
4: in my experience it is by microns. I parked over one (unbeknownst) today and when I looked it wasn't touching, but by the smallest margin. YMMV.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
siliconkiwi said:
3: press the voice command button again, she will shut up and wait for your command
4: in my experience it is by microns. I parked over one (unbeknownst) today and when I looked it wasn't touching, but by the smallest margin. YMMV.
Re (4) - you are absolutely correct! My experience as well.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
bigdaddy,
3. Yes, press the button again, and the key is wait for the beep, before saying your command.
4. I assume they are different heights but I accidently went over on a bit today and luckily cleared it.
6. It recharges in both, but as others have said, once you get to 26 miles battery range, Sport mode will use the battery charge.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Btw, the "magic 26" mile range... do you think you only get true Sport mode performance if your battery charge is in excess of 26 miles battery charge?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Kabalah - are you sure about number 6? It isn't consistent with my experience, using SW6.13. I drove about 45 miles straight in Sport yesterday with a low battery, it didn't charge up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
siliconkiwi, for actual recharge that one can see it would require using the regenerative braking and switching back and forth between Sport and Stealth to reset the battery level maintain point. So, without using that little trick it is truly only a charge-sustaining mode as advertised.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
kabalah70 said:
siliconkiwi, for actual recharge that one can see it would require using the regenerative braking and switching back and forth between Sport and Stealth to reset the battery level maintain point. So, without using that little trick it is truly only a charge-sustaining mode as advertised.
For the trick in question, see my earlier post here (A little trick I learned to extend Stealth range)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top