Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be purchasing a Fisker Karma that has a check engine light on the dash. the 2 codes are P0A80 and P0A7B, both relating to the battery pack. vehicle has 2,400 miles and battery work was done at 44 miles. I've tried clearing the codes and they come back instantly.
So here's the question. I know that California emissions only require a visual and a function for this car. If I drive it and set all the monitors, will it still pass an emissions test due to the fact of the CEL codes not being emissions related?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Won't pass because the CEL is on . I highly doubt the battery was replaced at 44 miles more likely it was removed to inspect the cooling hose clamps. Unless you have some sort of receipt that is was changed.The Cel might be on because the BECM has lost it's State of heath in that case the only way to repair is to bring it to someone who works on Fiskers.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I may be purchasing a Fisker Karma that has a check engine light on the dash. the 2 codes are P0A80 and P0A7B, both relating to the battery pack. vehicle has 2,400 miles and battery work was done at 44 miles. I've tried clearing the codes and they come back instantly.
So here's the question. I know that California emissions only require a visual and a function for this car. If I drive it and set all the monitors, will it still pass an emissions test due to the fact of the CEL codes not being emissions related?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Battery codes are emissions-related. If the battery malfunctions, then you would be using the ICE to haul around a giant boat anchor (the HV Battery).

P0A7B is a generic code that requests the CEL to illuminate when another code, such as P0A80 is present. As Harleyguy says, the P0A80 code indicates a state of health issue. SOH is expressed as a percentage and is calculated by an algorithm that uses time since new and miles driven, among other things, to predict the lifetime of a battery. EV manufacturers use this metric to see if a battery needs to be replaced.

Ideally, a brand-new battery should have an SOH approaching 100%. Since there is only 2400 miles on the subject vehicle, the SOH should be fairly high. So I'm guessing something has happened to the battery hardware or its software to cause the CEL.

You should take Harleyguy's advice and have a CSP perform an overall scan this car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts