Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the owner of Karma VIN #49 I'm curious to know how many low VIN owners have had major problems such as spline failures, RDM or battery issues. I have driven my Karma 17900 miles and I have not had any of the problems listed.

I've read quite a few posts here that make it seem inevitable that I will experience some or all of the problems I mentioned. I would appreciate hearing other low VIN owner experiences.

·
Karma #70 SE
28 Posts
Reply low vin numbers

I have number 70. I have only owned it for a month or so but it seems to drive flawlessly and the service history was the typical recall items only, no major issues. 14k miles.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I have #72. My motors spun out at around 5700 miles, I think. New RDM and motors at that time.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
My silver is 5XX and I'm at 5K miles. Only major issue I had was a diode that needed to be replaced because it would not allow Karma to charge.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
I used to own #324. Spline failure (motors and RDM replaced) and HV battery failure, both with <8000 miles. I don't know the exact mileage because I gave the service records to the new owner.

·
Carved - Karma bites back
79 Posts
How can I read the VIN NUMBER?
Mine is YH4K14AA2CA001451(01)

SO what number do I have? 1451?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes you have car #1451 off the production line

·
Registered
144 Posts
Have number 280 shadow 19,700 miles cali car, and Battery, Exhaust, HVAC module, lugs nuts, replaced. No RDM or spline failure at all. Although routine maintenance has been done by Lormax (cf inserts, water instruction, trunk alignment, diagnostics scanned and more). With no major issues just takes a while when it's really cold to warm up, with vented heat at 10 degress temps here lately.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bought #426 new.....hv battery, ac module, lug nuts replaced, no other issues, 3,500 miles

·
Carved - Karma bites back
79 Posts
Mine is in garage sitting there for almost 4 weeks with the belgian distributor clueless

1 - 13 of 13 Posts