Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Loving the Fisker more now than when I first got it - the smooth delivery of power on all-electric is a different feel from conventional cars - especially without traditional gear shifts.

Two Questions:

1) Ever start your Fisker, and the gas engine just automatically comes on? Mine does that every once in awhile even if there's still plenty of juice and everything is otherwise copacetic.

2) Power delivery under all-electric - not always 'even'? Sometimes I think that I feel a seat-of-the-pants unevenness to the acceleration.

Here's a pic. Black/Black and all murdered-out on ADV.1 wheels with Pirelli tires. Going to lower it just a little, next week. (rotors rusty because I was washing it).

Thanks to HarleyGuy for everything - My Man!

~Double

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The engine is supposed to start every now and then, it's normal. It happens usually shortly after opening the gas door.

Stealth operation has an acceleration 'hole' that's known. Nothing can really be done about it though.

Good looking car!

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Howard car looks great told you to give me a call when you have questions but as Lomax has stated all is normal .

·
Registered
546 Posts
As Lormax noted, the engine usually kicks in on first ignition after opening the gas door. However, the car is also programmed to start the engine at regular intervals--even in the absence of opening the gas door--in order to keep the engine lubricated.

The acceleration hole in Stealth happens, I believe, around 30 MPH. If you search the forum, you'll find several posts about this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Lormax - thanks for the explanations.
@Harleyguy - wanted to post in-case others have same and this way could serve them as-well. As-always - thanks.
@Weird Fishes - YES! I wash the car and always open the gas door while washing, and then after that's when the engine starts!
@SC Karma - actually was washing the car and that was before driving. My neighbor HarleyGuy installed something under the hood near the windshield which I believe was to address that CIU concern.
@clsr2nrvna - I'm used to wrapping but not so much dipping. Is it removable?
That blue is very sharp.

Couple more pix though I really need a rear 1/4 shot which is my favorite on this car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
22" x 9.5" in front, 22" x 11" in back. (increased width 1"/front and 1.5"/rear).

I would have gone with 24" wheels if I could have found matching brand/model tires that respected the staggered Overall Diameter Ratio of the stock tires. Any Fisker Karmas that you see on 24's - have all tires the same size. While it shouldn't 'damage' anything the way screwing up the OD Ratio on an AWD vehicle would, I was concerned about a fussy ASR or worse - ABS sensor. So because of the tire situation - had to stay with 22's.

I did switch to Pirelli's since they just came out with a 305 for the rear.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
22" x 9.5" in front, 22" x 11" in back. (increased width 1"/front and 1.5"/rear).

I would have gone with 24" wheels if I could have found matching brand/model tires that respected the staggered Overall Diameter Ratio of the stock tires. Any Fisker Karmas that you see on 24's - have all tires the same size. While it shouldn't 'damage' anything the way screwing up the OD Ratio on an AWD vehicle would, I was concerned about a fussy ASR or worse - ABS sensor. So because of the tire situation - had to stay with 22's.

I did switch to Pirelli's since they just came out with a 305 for the rear.

Thanks!
Any problem 24's give you they come to close to the inner wheel arches and within a few miles the arches get destroyed I have a few cars out there on 24's

·
Carved - Karma bites back
79 Posts
Double canYou contact me please?
I have some questions about your mods

1 - 11 of 11 Posts