Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you think the bankruptcy of Quantum fuel systems will impact the support of the Fisker and the rollout of the new Karma Automotive car?

For those who don't remember, Karma Automotive contracted with them to work on the cars controls.

http://247wallst.com/energy-business/2016/03/23/alternative-fuel-company-quantum-files-for-chapter-11/

http://www.qtww.com/press/quantum-announces-the-receipt-of-additional-purchase-orders-for-continued-development-and-software-control-work-for-karma-automotive/

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
they wanted over 2m for the Sw, i suggest KA buy them in chapter 11 and get some technology and patents in the process ?????

·
Registered
334 Posts
they wanted over 2m for the Sw, i suggest KA buy them in chapter 11 and get some technology and patents in the process ?????
I thought the same thing! Let's see although this might force KA to OEM another manufacturer's solution in order to stay on track with the launch of the 2016 (or 2017?) KA Karma in calendar 2016.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
According to the WSJ article, KA will be using BMW motor control systems and motors in the re-released Karma. It appears the only thing they are keeping is the interior and body. If that is the case, then there seems to be no rationale for KA to acquire Quantum technologies patents or software. Quite honestly, after finally getting my Tesla X SUV, and seeing the leap in technology, everything Quantum made years ago, is now obsolete.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
According to the WSJ article, KA will be using BMW motor control systems and motors in the re-released Karma. It appears the only thing they are keeping is the interior and body. If that is the case, then there seems to be no rationale for KA to acquire Quantum technologies patents or software. Quite honestly, after finally getting my Tesla X SUV, and seeing the leap in technology, everything Quantum made years ago, is now obsolete.
It was obsolete when the car hit the road

·
Registered
854 Posts
As I've said many times here, the misnamed Quantum Technologies has very little of value. Their bankruptcy should be of no consequence to Karma.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts