Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello 2 days ago I got my car washed, let it sit in my drive way for a few hours before I decided to pull it into the garage! Once I started the car I got the cel light and orange triangle! And under system warnings the Q drive was highlighted orange! So I did a hard reset and unplugged it for 24hr! Then fully charged it, drove it today and after about 5 miles I lost all power to my acceleration! The car would not drive pass 20 mph and kept going down until it stop moving, I had to hard reset over 15 times just to drive 1 mile to get in a safe place to park.. If anyone know what this can be please help me out!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having the same problem. I just got my Karma a month ago and am already having this same issue. I did a hard reset and it worked fine the first day but the next time I drove it there was next to no power to the wheels and I had to get it back home. Now, I have a whole different problem. I closed the hood and can't open the door to open the hood back up and connect the plug back together.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
I am having the same problem. I just got my Karma a month ago and am already having this same issue. I did a hard reset and it worked fine the first day but the next time I drove it there was next to no power to the wheels and I had to get it back home. Now, I have a whole different problem. I closed the hood and can't open the door to open the hood back up and connect the plug back together.
Use the key blade in the key fob to open the passenger door

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Hello 2 days ago I got my car washed, let it sit in my drive way for a few hours before I decided to pull it into the garage! Once I started the car I got the cel light and orange triangle! And under system warnings the Q drive was highlighted orange! So I did a hard reset and unplugged it for 24hr! Then fully charged it, drove it today and after about 5 miles I lost all power to my acceleration! The car would not drive pass 20 mph and kept going down until it stop moving, I had to hard reset over 15 times just to drive 1 mile to get in a safe place to park.. If anyone know what this can be please help me out!
When you washed the car and used a garden hose which you should never do if you sprayed a lot of water into the cowling area water gets into the car and onto the vcm. Fisker’s need to be hand washed unless you have sealed up where water can get into the car. You need to reach up under the dashboard on the left side and check for water ingress

·
Registered
73 Posts
When you washed the car and used a garden hose which you should never do if you sprayed a lot of water into the cowling area water gets into the car and onto the vcm. Fisker’s need to be hand washed unless you have sealed up where water can get into the car. You need to reach up under the dashboard on the left side and check for water ingress
I thought the leaky spot was on the passenger side around the cabin air intake filter housing. What’s the potential leak point on the drivers (left) side?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey I usually have a detailer guy wash the car! Maybe he sprayed too much water there.. but are you talking bout under the dash as In I reach up near the gas/break padels? If so I did not feel no water! I let it sit in my garage for the last 4 days with hood open to see if it dries up like a person recommended on a post but today I drove it and it ran good for about 1 mile until I made a left turn then it lost power again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts