Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member and New fisker owner black fisker. Since New i Wonder if key fob is 100% same in US and in Europe?? My dealer have loocked my car or in other Words tried program New ordered key ending up deleting old key. So can not get car out of shop. Anyone experienced this before??

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yes when programming keys the procedure erases the keys and must have two programmable fobs with you when programming. Otherwise car can be immobilized. Ive had some cars in take several attempts and have had to recover them from this state before. Takes patience. Last one took over an hour. Tell the dealer to follow the tech service bulletin, it helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But did you see first part of question regarding keys the same in a US modell as a European modell??.
And do you have to have US PC software to program a US car fob in Europe?? Or will both function, got a feeling that service People did not know much about this. And last, can you load EU map on a US navi unit? (i thought it would be easy since only map info is needed FOR gps to recognize where car is) Is it best to set up navi and radio unit to EU spec since car is here, for making it easier for later services.?? Or is it best to let it be and just load EU map for navi.??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And what is service bulletin regarding keys?, i do not think they know. Had to leave shop without car and live over 2hour drive away. And is it not normal in Fisker world to order key by VIN number on car to get right parts?? Becouse they said they got European keys. And they know where car is from strangely they still ordered European keys. Thanks for a answer so i maybe can give tip to my fisker shop and get car back asap. Thanks very much :)

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
The key fobs are the same US or Europe Fisker only has one part number listed
C131191101000 and yes you can load Europe Maps onto a U.S. Spec car I've done that they need the Europe 510 software . As for the bulletin for key programming Fisker site to get bullitens is down right now . As mentioned by Joe key fob programming is tricky but can be done . They need to have two key fobs present in order for them to program .

If they can't get the keys programmed they will need to remove the VCM and send the VCM and keys to Fisker HQ and have them program them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you soooo much for answer, my shop told me that i will experince much trouble since car is US modell. But maybe it is so simple that they is just is not competent enough on fisker and not that car is a US modell? Am i correct, i do not know. I just know that this is a very unik car that fit People that like unik Things :)) And i as so many others is thankful for this forum site. can i send a bottle of wine somewhere, to show my gratitude?? have a Nice day to all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi again forgot to ask:
Can US car fob be programmed With European Service computer?? In another Words is servicecomputer program same in USA as in Europe???

And is airbags same in us as in Europe??

Harleyguy NeXT time i am in Miami i will post you, and bring you a bottle :))

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Scan tool is the same. It only puts the vehicle control module into "learn mode". If you can pm me an email address for the service center working on the car I will send them the service bulletin to show how to do it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
service bulletin keyfob

Scan tool is the same. It only puts the vehicle control module into "learn mode". If you can pm me an email address for the service center working on the car I will send them the service bulletin to show how to do it.
Hi you can send it also to my Company mail [email protected]

Servicebulletin program New key, and if you got service bulletin for how to load EU map into us spec car.

Thanks so much and best regards.

:)

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Kanskje ei flaske Akvavit i stedet for vin (maybe a bottle of "water of life" instead of wine)?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi FiskerPhilly

Service People and i waiting for servicebulletin for key Programming and loading New eu map to car. Please send to mail sent you PM. Thanks and have a Nice day :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi cars,

I'm in Germany and need a new key fob. Could you tell me were and how you did it? Could you send me the servicebulletin for key Programming, please.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts