Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm not crazy, but I have tried reading the manual forwards and backwards. I've even tried magic. I still cannot get the homelink system to work with my garage door openers or the gate remote to my development.

Is there some simple process that eludes me to correct this? Liftmaster 3280 model with a rolling code

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had to call the company that installed my garage door. He talked me through it over the phone. It is a little tricky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
913 Posts
I spent a while configuring my rolling-code door openers. You have to do it three times, apparently, so that it can figure out what the rolling part is. I'm not entirely sure about this.

Also, there's a slight oddity in that I have to press and hold the button for a bit before the door opens or closes. Just pressing quickly (so that the green LED on the mirror flashes red) is insufficient. Press, hold for about a second or two while it flashes red, and then the door finally starts moving.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I know I'm not crazy, but I have tried reading the manual forwards and backwards. I've even tried magic. I still cannot get the homelink system to work with my garage door openers or the gate remote to my development.

Is there some simple process that eludes me to correct this? Liftmaster 3280 model with a rolling code
Do you have a teenager living at home or near by? When I had difficulty with the programing, my teen took over and had the home garage done in about two minutes. I then drove him to my office to program the building door, which was also easy for him despite my failure earlier in the day.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
The manual is plain wrong....Grant at Patrick Fisker told me how to do it and it worked first time. The problem is I forgot what he told me.....I'll see if I can get that answer for you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I also had trouble at first. As Greb says, the manual is wrong. I went by the instructions that came with the garage door opener (conveniently reprinted on a sticker on the motor) and it worked right away.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Here are the programing directions from my dealer:

Garage door programming:

1) In vehicle on rear view mirror, press and hold both outside buttons until the light near buttons flickers rapidly, this clears all codes.
2) Bring the remote garage door opener up near the buttons on mirror and press and hold the remote button and one of the vehicle buttons simultaneously, until the light on the mirror flickers rapidly. Then release buttons.
3) Get a ladder to access the learn button at the garage door motor, usually near the antenna wire hanging. Press the button once, a small LED light at the button location should illuminate.
4) Back to the car, press and hold the button you pressed in step (2) for about 2 seconds, you my or may not see the light bulb at the motor blink, indicating the code was received. Either case after 2 seconds release the button.
5) Finally press the button again in the car you programmed in step (2) and the door should operate properly! Congratulations you are now certified to program the door for future vehicles or additional garage doors….

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here are the programing directions from my dealer:

Garage door programming:

1) In vehicle on rear view mirror, press and hold both outside buttons until the light near buttons flickers rapidly, this clears all codes.
2) Bring the remote garage door opener up near the buttons on mirror and press and hold the remote button and one of the vehicle buttons simultaneously, until the light on the mirror flickers rapidly. Then release buttons.
3) Get a ladder to access the learn button at the garage door motor, usually near the antenna wire hanging. Press the button once, a small LED light at the button location should illuminate.
4) Back to the car, press and hold the button you pressed in step (2) for about 2 seconds, you my or may not see the light bulb at the motor blink, indicating the code was received. Either case after 2 seconds release the button.
5) Finally press the button again in the car you programmed in step (2) and the door should operate properly! Congratulations you are now certified to program the door for future vehicles or additional garage doors….
Thank you very much, your instructions worked like a charm !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts