Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much is reasonable to expect for professional electrical installation?

We had the site assessment by EV Connect and are trying to evaluate the reasonableness of the installation charges.

I realize different installations involve different levels of work, but it seems there should be some range of cost depending upon the difficulty.

Our installation involves a a fairly short run with some conduit work (8 feet) to route from the back of the panel to an open studded wall. Total distance approximately 20 feet.

It is also necessary to replace a couple breakers with more compact half space jumpers to make room for the charging station jumper.

We received a quote of over $2,500. Can anyone share some information / experience that may be of help to evaluate the reasonableness of this amount?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Mine was $2300 and change. Supposedly this includes servicing for the warranty life which I am actually unsure of what the length is.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
kabalah70 said:
Mine was $2300 and change. Supposedly this includes servicing for the warranty life which I am actually unsure of what the length is.
I paid $600 for the actual installation, plus $400 for the permitting and the time for dealing with the local utility to switch to the proper rate, which was totally worth me not having to deal with the permit people or the utility.

As I have said before, I think the one-size-fits-all price charged by EV Connect is easy to beat for simple installations, such as mine. This let me spend more money on the charger and get one with programmability and network connection.

-- Fab.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A follow up. It definitely makes sense to get multiple quotes. We received several quotes for installation and there was a pretty big range in pricing and perceived quality of service. Our final installation cost of the charging station sold by EV Connect, with independent installation, was $1,300 but that included extra work for expansion capabilities - a new sub panel. Excellent quality work.

So, independent quotes are advisable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts