Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi members. We'll last Friday 11/2, I pulled the trigger and bought. Car had 4,200 miles and 510 software. Fan issue also addressed.

Today is day 5 with the car and I've had these issues at least a couple of times: Software glitches that cause random check-engine lights, gas cap light, and erratic navigation (tells you to do u-turns when heading the correct direction). The cel light comes on and was cleared once after I filled-up. The gas cap light came on for no reason and disappeared on its own after restarting the car after stopping for lunch. These bug-a-boos are annoying and I thought mostly fixed with the latest software. Apparently not! Maybe Henrik should give me a call. I'm feeling like I need a personal apology!

I've read all the buy an obdll, read codes, hard/soft reset info & am overwhelmed. Maybe tomorrow the cel will just go away?; right! At least I can guess how fast I'm going with the speedo guage. Ha.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Well there is nothing that can be done with the navigation it's the best it will get . The problem with the check engine could be a number of things the best way to know what the problem is to read the codes using the Fisker program you can use a generic code reader and we might get you going in the right direction . Also does your gas door close and lock in the close position ? There is a lock motor that can come loose and cause the light to come on

·
Registered
479 Posts
Good advice from Harleyguy on the CEL.

I tried to use the Nav once and swore it off. Just fire up Google Maps on your cellphone and let them bark out the audio directions to you via Bluetooth or USB connection to the Karma.

I hope your car settles down for you with some regular TLC. Warts and all it is still a wonderful machine that you will learn to love despite its foibles.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Gas cap light: Caused by the gas door actuator plunger not being fully engaged. Common problem, easily fixed. Not a software issue.

Navigation: It's all over this forum that the navigation is sub-par. I know you did the research and I know you and I discussed the car in general, so you must've known. Sure, seeing it for yourself first-hand confirms what we've said but it shouldn't have been a surprise.

CEL: I don't know of any software glitch that turns the CEL on randomly. It's definitely coming on for a reason. You probably want to download the codes with a generic code reader and shoot them over. If it's not related to the hybrid/HV battery portion of the vehicle then the generic reader will most likely give you all the info you need. If it is related to the hybrid side of things, it'll also give you the code for it and you'll need the Fisker diag software to check things out further. Either way, it's not a software issue. Something is up with the car.

Do NOT do any hard resets. If you're not sure with what scan tool to purchase, just PM me. I'll get you links to a few on Amazon and we can go from there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Lomax. I'll have the cel looked at and read when I get my oil changed next week. Will reply with codes if hybrid/hv related. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts