Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let all owners who i doubt have this many miles,55,000, on your Fisker Karma. I drive to my beach home often and this is reason for the miles. At 40,000 there is no blue tooth for phone, or wireless music. I carry a squack box. Each time you restart the car you have to reset radio stations and clock. I have a bad coupler (spelling) which means at low speeds, especially in town, the car jumps from sport to electric as it sinces this problem. If you have no electric remaining, you pull over and let it go to sleep. Then you may be able to go another mile, and it does it again. For me to drive 10 miles with only sport takes 45 minute due to the many stops needed to put the car to sleep. I am not ready to drop a corvette engine into it yet...but close. No coupler parts are avail..dealer and the best car radio company in Atlanta can figure out the bluetooth/phone/music. Good luck to all.

·
320 Posts
Just to let all owners who i doubt have this many miles,55,000, on your Fisker Karma. I drive to my beach home often and this is reason for the miles. At 40,000 there is no blue tooth for phone, or wireless music. I carry a squack box. Each time you restart the car you have to reset radio stations and clock. I have a bad coupler (spelling) which means at low speeds, especially in town, the car jumps from sport to electric as it sinces this problem. If you have no electric remaining, you pull over and let it go to sleep. Then you may be able to go another mile, and it does it again. For me to drive 10 miles with only sport takes 45 minute due to the many stops needed to put the car to sleep. I am not ready to drop a corvette engine into it yet...but close. No coupler parts are avail..dealer and the best car radio company in Atlanta can figure out the bluetooth/phone/music. Good luck to all.
Sorry to hear about all those issues. I have to reconnect my Bluetooth every time I want to use it for music. Sounds like you got your money's worth though with 55k miles. Maybe it's time to shelve your car till wanxiang starts to produce or release parts, or just sell your car for parts. I've got 16k and hope to keep it till 30-40k and move on to an new car in another 12-18 months. Maybe a BMW i8.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
You really need to Look into replacing the coupler . You are taking a chance of causing more damage to the generator or the ICE with a broken coupler . The presets more then likely a bad CIU .

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Fisker Atlanta is no longer there. The website is gone, I have tried contacting the service and sales manager, email addresses deleted. I will drive by (Classic Cadillac when near there). They had an Luna (Blue) Karma, which I saw on a used car lot a few months ago. I did my 20K check up myself (oil and filter) and fluid top offs. Fortunately no other issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Problems at 55,000

Thx for the replies. I have visited my Fisker Machanic at the Atlanta Fisker dealer. We are waiting until a coupler is avail. As for blue/tooth..music..the reboots have not worked. My engine light is always on..which means I cannot see speed info except from the other guage. I have spoken to Lomax a while back who is building coupler, but have no idea when there will be one avail.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Fisker Atlanta is no longer there. The website is gone, I have tried contacting the service and sales manager, email addresses deleted. I will drive by (Classic Cadillac when near there). They had an Luna (Blue) Karma, which I saw on a used car lot a few months ago. I did my 20K check up myself (oil and filter) and fluid top offs. Fortunately no other issues.
AlJohn, I sent you a PM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts