Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Today I received parts from USA - door lock and brake hose for right front wheel.
Now I have a big problem, because this brake does not working. Brake fluid doesn't flow from the separator. All the pipes are clean.
Still I can't manual vent this brake.
Maybe someone knows, how to vent the brakes?
It's necessary oryginal Fisker service computer for venting?
At this moment I have brakes only for 3 wheels.

Please help me:(
Peter

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
Prodis it's diagnostic tool? Don't know this brand.
I want to order innova 3160, but I do not know if this scanner is sufficient.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Yes you need Prodis to bleed the brakes
Sorry for going off-topic, but why do you need the diagnostic computer to bleed the brakes? Is that common with modern cars? Just surprised. :huh:

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Sorry for going off-topic, but why do you need the diagnostic computer to bleed the brakes? Is that common with modern cars? Just surprised. :huh:
On the Karma the Brake hydraulic pressure is through an electric pump. it is not vacuum boosted. Most modern diesels/hybrids/ev's use this type of system since there is no vacuum source from the ICE.

Only way to actuate the pump is through Prodis. The days of pumping the brake pedal to bleed brakes are pretty much gone :(

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Vacuum bleeding works for me. But if there is air up front near ABS unit or Master cylinder then you need to use scan tool. And NO other scan tool will activate this function.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought innova help me. Now I see, that it's wrong mind:(
The only way it's Karma Service in Hamburg:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts