Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading other messages about a soft reboot, what is that and is it something I can do myself? And the hard reboot is just disconnecting the plug under the hood.
Last time this light came on fisker Miami (great people) replaced the dnrp console part and cost me like $750.00.

any information would be greatfull

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
I have been reading other messages about a soft reboot, what is that and is it something I can do myself? And the hard reboot is just disconnecting the plug under the hood.
Last time this light came on fisker Miami (great people) replaced the dnrp console part and cost me like $750.00.

any information would be greatfull
A "Soft Reset" typically means letting the car go to sleep (turning everything off and waiting a few minutes until the PRND pyramid lights go out.)

A "Hard Reset" involves disconnecting the main power connector under the hood on the passenger side, waiting a moment then reconnecting it. There are a couple of other hoops you'll need to go through to recalibrate the windows, brakes, etc. Search these forums for "Hard Reset" for details.

There is however another option you might want to try: a PRND Reset

I have used it before and it worked for me. You may have to try it more than once to see the effect:

System Ready Mode, foot on the brake:
Press and hold D for 3 seconds
Press and hold N for 3 seconds
Press and hold R for 3 seconds
Press and hold P for 3 seconds
Shut off the car and allow to go to sleep

May need to be done 2-3 times, but corrects the concern in 99% of the cases.

Good Luck!

Brent

[Credit where credit is due: I plagairized some of this post from Fabulist]

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Hi ronw1505,

I used to have to the "PRND Reset" before they upgraded my software over a year ago. Since the software upgrade, the problem never reemerged. Are you upgraded to the lasted and greatest software?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I purchased the karma (black with 3 color brown interior) last sept 2013, palm beach motorcars said all updates were done. so I will need to recheck on this, this site is a great source of information. I have 2500 miles on car with just the one problem that was fixed by fisker Miami, super people by the way.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Makes me wonder about the software level then. I'd be surprised if Fisker Miami didn't check that when they had the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well I drove the car today, now the engine light is on and now since I did the prnd reset the digital speedo read out not working, any ideas on this problem?
Thanks, ron

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
If the check engine light is on the digital speedo won't work. It will come back when you clear the check engine light.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
It can probably be cleared with any OBDII scanner (I have my own). Make note of the error code before it's cleared as that will give you a clue as to what set the check engine light. Most auto parts stores or mechanics will be able to clear it for you. also, most auto parts stores will provide that service for free. Report back what you find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts