Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen this reported by anyone else. Yesterday when I backed out of a parking space when I shifted from reverse to Park to Drive, the range indicator in the center of the instrument area went blank and the message PRND FAULT came on. The car seems to function properly however. If I shut down and restart the car the proper range indication comes back until I put the car in Drive or Reverse and then it's back to PRND FAULT. Any Ideas guys?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
System Ready Mode, foot on the brake:
Press and hold D for 3 seconds
Press and hold N for 3 seconds
Press and hold R for 3 seconds
Press and hold P for 3 seconds
Shut off the car and allow to go to sleep

may need to be done 2-3 times, but corrects the concern in 99% of the cases.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
I had the PRND Failure last week and I couldn't get it to reset using Nimisys' way, so I did a hard reboot and it fixed it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52 Posts
I've had that come on a lot before but it never affected the driving of the car and after a day or two it seemed to go away, but next time I'll try Nimisys's method
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,077 Posts
To add a little more on this subject if you bring the car too the Dealer they should also check the connections at the HCU for excess silicone in the terminals
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Much to my surprise, I tried the Nimsys-method and it worked for me as well...Curiouser and Curiouser!!!

Nimsys how on earth did you figure that out?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,077 Posts
kwsmith007 said:
Much to my surprise, I tried the Nimsys-method and it worked for me as well...Curiouser and Curiouser!!!

Nimsys how on earth did you figure that out?
Not speaking for everyone but there are members here that actually work for dealers that carry the Fisker line .:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
kwsmith007 said:
I have not seen this reported by anyone else. Yesterday when I backed out of a parking space when I shifted from reverse to Park to Drive, the range indicator in the center of the instrument area went blank and the message PRND FAULT came on. The car seems to function properly however. If I shut down and restart the car the proper range indication comes back until I put the car in Drive or Reverse and then it's back to PRND FAULT. Any Ideas guys?
That happened to me twice over the last 2 1/2 mo. The procedure Nimisys describes worked for me both times.

Jeff
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
:rolleyes:
ixtractm said:
kwsmith007 said:
I have not seen this reported by anyone else. Yesterday when I backed out of a parking space when I shifted from reverse to Park to Drive, the range indicator in the center of the instrument area went blank and the message PRND FAULT came on. The car seems to function properly however. If I shut down and restart the car the proper range indication comes back until I put the car in Drive or Reverse and then it's back to PRND FAULT. Any Ideas guys?
That happened to me twice over the last 2 1/2 mo. The procedure Nimisys describes worked for me both times.

Jeff

This forum is amazing. Whenever I have a FISKER question about anything from paint protective film to the PRND fault I get FAST and ACCURATE information 24 hours a day. I was in a remote area with my Karma and the PRND fault light came on. I contacted the forum on my Iphone and bingo the NIMISYS method cleared the fault on the first try and enabled me to get home. I will have the dealer check out the connectors of concern as outlined above.
Many thanks to the contributors on this site!!:thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
That's what the Fisker-community is for!

Did the PRND-fault actually prevent you from driving away. I've had the PRND-fault several times (only with 6.14, never with 6.15!), but it never prevented the car from going into D. I only saw the fault-message, without any further consequences.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
378 Posts
Nimisys said:
System Ready Mode, foot on the brake:
Press and hold D for 3 seconds
Press and hold N for 3 seconds
Press and hold R for 3 seconds
Press and hold P for 3 seconds
Shut off the car and allow to go to sleep

may need to be done 2-3 times, but corrects the concern in 99% of the cases.
This solution worked perfectly! Have never had this problem until last week, but it works really well. I'm assuming that the fault is caused by the car not going completely into gear. I noticed that the car "clunked" in a completely different way when parking it on a hill. Once I started it up, I got the PRND fault and check engine light. Car was still completely driveable.

I followed Nimsys advice and it worked on the very first time. Thanks for the help!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
286 Posts
Nimisys said:
System Ready Mode, foot on the brake:
Press and hold D for 3 seconds
Press and hold N for 3 seconds
Press and hold R for 3 seconds
Press and hold P for 3 seconds
Shut off the car and allow to go to sleep

may need to be done 2-3 times, but corrects the concern in 99% of the cases.
Just few quick Questions.
1. How do you get the car in to SYSTEM READY MODE? (After READY it always goes in to STEALTH. Can this be done in ACC mode?
2. Do you hold all the buttons for 3 sec at the same time?

thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
1. Green light, not ACC.
2. No, one at the time. When I did it, I did it in that order. I have no idea if it can be done in another order of not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Well it finally happened - PRND Fault. It took 6 months and 3,600 miles to show up. Nimisys advice worked the first time. Thank you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
fisker579 said:
Well it finally happened - PRND Fault. It took 6 months and 3,600 miles to show up. Nimisys advice worked the first time. Thank you!
Are you on 6.28? I was told that 6.28 eliminated the PRND fault possibility....
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top