Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a good Karma weekend. Started with being one of the Belle's of the Ball at a Cars & Coffee Saturday. :blush:

Then, Sunday ... nothing better than driving by a Mercedes SLK convertible and seeing the driver with an unmistakable expression of "what the heck is that?" spin his head all the way around to follow your car as you pass. :)

Then tonight ... We stopped by the Tesla store in the local Fashion Square mall after dinner just to look, and after talking to the salesman for a minute have him ask permission and follow you out to the parking garage to check out your car. :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think the thing that I was unprepared for the most are the countless drivers that speed up and hover in your bind spot while checking your car out after you pass them...

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
My daughter was in the passenger seat and she noted that the car in the lane to the right of us was pacing us. She then noticed that the driver (the only person in the car) was taking a picture of my Karma with both hands on her camera. Makes you wonder how she was steering.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
One of my favorite experiences along these lines was during my commute on I280 a couple of years ago. I was driving North in moderate traffic with a Tesla Model S directly behind me. At the time, the Model S had just started being sold and they were still a fairly rare sight.

As we were all moving along, I noticed a sedan driven by a very attractive young lady pull up next to me in traffic and keeping pace for a few seconds She then slowed down and very aggressively wedged her car behind me, forcing the Tesla S driver to brake hard to avoid being pushed into the center guardrail. The driver snapped a few photos of my car, then pulled back again alongside me, gave me a very nice smile and a friendly wave, and accelerated away. I actually felt a little sorry for the Model S driver who basically got elbowed out of the way for someone to take photos of my car, but that's what you get for driving a bland-looking car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Even after over three years of driving my Karma, just this morning two cars hovered behind during traffic taking pictures. I was talking with a new Tesla owner in our parking lot this week and he said the same thing I hear from every Tesla owner. The Karma is a beautiful car. So glad I drive a Karma!!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Just finished a trailer road trip with Karmas. Delivering/picking up to CT and Long Island, having one on a trailer up and down the NJ turnpike and LI Expressway is quite an experience of gazers. Virtually impossible to make a lane change

1 - 10 of 10 Posts