Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been receiving some inquiries about a power trunk for the 2012 Fisker Karma. We can likely offer this as an option.

The replacement will require the replacement of the two struts, wiring harness, custom controller and a switch.

Are there any takers for a retrofit kit (likely around 12-1500 dollars?)

If so we can develop something.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, I'd be interested. Depending on the parking position, it's not always easy to reach the inside hand grab. No more thumb prints on the back of the car.

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you give more details?

You can press the existing button to release the trunk which will release it to its full extent via a powered strut. You can press the same existing button which will close the trunk fully.

Further, you can release the trunk (to its full extent) via remote key-fob which will release it to its full extent.

You can close it via the key fob, the interior trunk switch or a button inside the trunk itself (close to the trunk latch). Similar to what is on modern cars nowadays

·
Registered
264 Posts
Will it take up any additional space in the trunk? I can barely fit my golf bag now.

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like it, but it's too pricey. What's the number you need sales volume wise to get the price down <$1k?
If we outsource to China we could likely get it down well below this price but most of our stuff is made and developed domestically or manufactured in germany. We could go to china but have no contacts or quality suppliers in those areas.

·
Registered
114 Posts
For me this seems a bit of overkill. Rarely would I use it. On some SUVs I owned they had this feature and it was always a pain since on those it was slow to open and close and would sometimes almost close just to open again if the torque was too high.

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For me this seems a bit of overkill. Rarely would I use it. On some SUVs I owned they had this feature and it was always a pain since on those it was slow to open and close and would sometimes almost close just to open again if the torque was too high.
Yea doesn't seem like too much interest, just got more than a couple emails about it so thought we would ask the question.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts