Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Owner #1926
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone get some of the hydraulic fluid that the Karma takes for its power steering? The book says only use Pentosin CHF202, which is a hydraulic fluid and apparently the closest office to me is in CA!
Lormax? Harley? Anyone? Can you send me some? I am actually below the "min" line at the moment, so it's kind of a rush...
:huh:

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Can anyone get some of the hydraulic fluid that the Karma takes for its power steering? The book says only use Pentosin CHF202, which is a hydraulic fluid and apparently the closest office to me is in CA!
Lormax? Harley? Anyone? Can you send me some? I am actually below the "min" line at the moment, so it's kind of a rush...
:huh:
I am sure either one would be happy to fly to Hawaii with a few quarts to make sure it gets there safely. :D

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
I don't have the spec handy but if you go to the local auto parts store they should carry a PS fluid you can use . GM uses the same system tell them the car has a electric pump for the Power steering . I would be a little concerened why the fluid is low .

Might want to take a look under the car for any leaks . If no leaks are found the fluid might be leaking internally in the rack and leaking into the inner tie rod boots .

The steering rack is also based on a GM steering rack so if a GM dealership is close you can buy the fluid from them also . Not a big deal and yes I can fly to you in order to top up the fluid lol .

·
Owner #1926
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Harley - I don't suppose that's something you can look up the next time you are at work? Hawaiians are the kings of improvisation, so if I go in with an explanation like that, who knows what I'll end up with, I've already had a couple people tell me "jus put dat fluid in, it be fine!"
And thanks for a tip on where to look for a leak, I figured I'd top it off and watch it. If it is a leak, it's a pretty slow one. There has been a howling noise slowly getting stronger for the past couple months but only when I first start out for the day around these few corners right out of my house. I just realized yesterday it may be power steering related and sure enough when I checked the fluid, it was way low!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It's the exact same fluid that BMW uses for their power steering system. I'm sure any BMW dealership would have some on hand if your local Auto Zone/Pep Boys doesn't have any.

CHF11S, which comes in a green painted can, will also work just fine in your PS system.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I am not sure if this is helpful, but just in case, Amazon sells the Pentosin brand in different quantities and you have several different shipping options, even to Hawaii. Here is the one litre can but they also have it in smaller and larger quantities.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
It is stocked by NAPA. With the spec in the book. It is not on the customer shelf. They keep it behind the counter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts