Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am having a issue with my Karma. Once in a while when I step on the gas pedal there is just no power, I have had the pedal replaced thinking it was the sensor, no luck, happens in both sport/stealth mode. Any one else had this issue before? any ideas what the issue is?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Hello,
I am having a issue with my Karma. Once in a while when I step on the gas pedal there is just no power, I have had the pedal replaced thinking it was the sensor, no luck, happens in both sport/stealth mode. Any one else had this issue before? any ideas what the issue is?

Thanks!
@annofofi, under what conditions does this happen? Are you already moving and are trying to accelerate, or is it from a stop? There is at least one known Acceleration Hole in the Karma where the car momentarily hesitates as the generator comes up to speed. This issue (also called the "Torque Hole") was one of the issues addressed in the latest software release, BL535. From the official announcement:

Torque hole
In today's vehicle, when accelerating aggressively and the internal combustion engine starts up to assist (or you put it in Sport mode while accelerating) there is a very noticeable “torque hole”. You feel pressed back in the seat, then jerked forward (the torque hole) before you are pressed back in the seat again during your acceleration. This is caused by an over-discharge protection function of the HV battery that is too intrusive. The new software eliminates that torque hole feeling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, it happens when at a stop, I step on the pedal and nothing, I have had all updates completed last week.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
yes, it happens when at a stop, I step on the pedal and nothing, I have had all updates completed last week.
If you keep your foot on the pedal, does the car eventually start moving, or do you have to do something else (lift foot off, put it down again, etc.) to get the car to respond?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, just a stand still, luckily every time this happens, it's a slow roll and I am able to move to a secure place. I shut it off, restart and nothing, no acceleration at all. makes me nervous, I don't want to be stranded in traffic, it seems to just happen randomly

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Sounds like a possible connection or contact resistance issue along the HV bus. I've seen loose connections in the hv battery cause cars to completely fall on their face under higher load conditions, however it does typically come back. Wish you were close by, we'd love to tackle that challenge...

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Sounds like a possible connection or contact resistance issue along the HV bus. I've seen loose connections in the hv battery cause cars to completely fall on their face under higher load conditions, however it does typically come back. Wish you were close by, we'd love to tackle that challenge...
Bolts on the busbars backed off? Gotta love a123

1 - 7 of 7 Posts