Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gian Franco

I had an interesting meeting with GianFranco Pizzuto a few weeks ago here in San Diego. He was visiting assisting an associate in selling the custom trunk luggage for the Fisker Karma. (They can do nearly any color combo you can think of. Beautiful luggage. $8K...) *Franco invested $10,000,000.00 with Henrik in 2007. He started Fisker Italia and with great energy and effort promoted Fisker overseas. We chatted for two hours about the trials and tribulations of FA... One of the most interesting things he shared with me is "There are literally 1000's of body parts for the Fisker overseas. Since FA planned on building 10,000 units early on, they had many of their vendors manufacture parts to that number...") I am not sure about this however; he seemed very confident about this and encouraged me to contact him if I should need anything for my car... If you are so inclined, you can reach out to him via Facebook to answer any questions. He MAY be a source for body parts, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Ah, yes, the myth of the warehouse full of Karma parts in Europe. I have heard this from more than one person and each time I hear it, this is the image that comes to mind:

I hope it's true, but I am skeptical. If it does exist, the parts are probably tied up in multiple liens starting with the DOE and ending with the company that made the box the part came in, most of whom have probably not been paid. This means that no individual investor, no matter how large their investment, has the right to take anything out of the warehouse.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I hope it's true, but I am skeptical. If it does exist, the parts are probably tied up in multiple liens starting with the DOE and ending with the company that made the box the part came in, most of whom have probably not been paid. This means that no individual investor, no matter how large their investment, has the right to take anything out of the warehouse.
That pretty much sums it up.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Its not really a rumor Valmet has a good amount and I actually viewed a 28 page list of parts not including body parts . I'm also in contact with Magna who supplied the interiors they also sent me an inventory of parts that are in a hold pattern at Valmet . Before operations shut down there was close to 1000 complete interiors

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
... plus a few hundred built Karmas sitting in Europe as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope it's true, but I am skeptical. If it does exist, the parts are probably tied up in multiple liens starting with the DOE and ending with the company that made the box the part came in, most of whom have probably not been paid. This means that no individual investor, no matter how large their investment, has the right to take anything out of the warehouse.[/QUOTE]

Fun pic Fab... :) Anyways, Franco "seemed" sure he could assist. Maybe not... For those of you who may need a hard to get component or body part, I thought it with sharing. As Harley Guy shared, there are parts out there... The techs on this forum maybe your best bet for assistance... Never know.. Just sharing... Once again, Franco seemed genuine... Thought it worth the mention... Since, those of us who love this machine ALSO want to drive it and enjoy it...

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Seems that nobody tried to contact this early investor, but he could know more than you might think.
Read the full story here :
http://www.omnimgt.com/DataVol/Fisker/Claim Scan/Claims/4012900034.pdf
I have been in touch with him via Facebook for some time now. His posts are understandably sad and nostalgic about all the loss he has suffered, which is considerable, but I never got the impression that he was sitting on a huge cache of parts or had access to someone who did. To the contrary, he is alleging in the BK claim, Fisker cut him off and stopped communicating with him and cut off his supply of parts and access to service information.

He is a very sympathetic figure and has lost quite a lot in this venture, but he does not seem to have any more access to parts than any other dealer or investor who lost a great deal of money in this debacle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts