Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving home the other day, it occurred to me that it might be funny to photograph my Karma parked not in front of my own home--as most people have done--but instead photograph it in front of the houses of various celebrities who live nearby. After all, plenty of tourists to L.A. pay for the 'privilege' of touring celebrity laden neighborhoods in the discomfort of an un-airconditioned van with no roof while the sun is beating down on them. I figure I'm giving you a similar experience, but with a Karma as your touring vehicle. And all for free from the comfort of your own home.

The first few photos I took were unacceptable due to poor lighting, reflections on the paint, etc... So today I'm posting the one photo that I think turned out okay. I'll post more photos in the future, so hopefully this will be a thread that grows. I hope everyone enjoys it![hr]

Dropping by Richard Simmons' place.

·
Registered
886 Posts
My Karma visiting the celebs.

Cool idea!!!!

What car is his maid driving?

:) :) :)

Stefan

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Pic of my Karma visiting the celebs.

Oddly, I don't think I've ever seen another car parked in his driveway. Nice man. Even though we've never met, he waves at me whenever I'm out walking the dog and he passes by.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

EVer1, thanks for the compliment on the customization!!! I rarely like customizations, so I was a little wary of changing anything. But I really wanted to tone down the bling from the chrome, so I had an installer put a glossy black film over it. I like the way it turned out, and I appreciate your compliment!! :)

Once I have a few really good, clear shots of the car from all angles, I'm going to post in the Modifications forum.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts

Oh. I agree, nice modifications. I didn't notice it at first, but could tell something was different. Now it stands out to me and I like it.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts

Awesome color ! Are you going to tint the windows? If you do, I'd highly recommend the 3M crystalline - keeps the cabin noticeably cooler!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for the compliments, Sigurd and SoCalGuy! I was hoping the modifications would be the sort of thing that people would look and say "Something is different, but I can't quite tell what it is." The fact that you had to look twice is a huge compliment!

As for the tint, the 3M crystalline tint is on there. It was a really bright day, so it may look a bit less dark than normal.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Did you also black out the chrome in the front grille? Would be great to see more shots of the car!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did black out the chrome on the front grille.

I asked Henrik what he thought of the modifications when we had the Santa Monica Fisker Owner Appreciation Event. He didn't like the grill because he said it made it look smaller (and that's okay by me because that was my goal). But he did like the blacked-out chrome on the windows. I appreciated his honesty!

I do need to post more pics. I've been super lazy about it!

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Post more pics!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha! Well...SoCalGuy, I ran into a few problems. The first of which is that most of the bigger name celebs live behind gates, so you can't even see their houses. The second problem is that...besides a handful that live in my neighborhood...I don't really know where most of their houses are. And the third is that Leonardo DiCaprio's security guard was such a complete *dick* when I tried to take a pic of my car in front of his driveway that I decided perhaps it wasn't worth the bother.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts