Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought you would enjoy these pics I took of my Karma.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
That color is just amazing. Thanks for posting the photos.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thanks for sharing with all the Karma's on the road we have that's one color we never ordered
Not many dealers did ... mine ordered at least one though, as that's how I finally decided on the interior color, they'd put in a Laguna/Black EcoSport order and it was available for me to put my name on in Dec 2011 (with car not actually arriving until Sep 2012!).

Since only 77 Laguna Karmas were ever made, we have a rare one!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not many dealers did ... mine ordered at least one though, as that's how I finally decided on the interior color, they'd put in a Laguna/Black EcoSport order and it was available for me to put my name on in Dec 2011 (with car not actually arriving until Sep 2012!).

Since only 77 Laguna Karmas were ever made, we have a rare one!
Yep, 77 is the number my sales advisor shared with me. She also pointed out that a decent chunk of them were donated to Hurricane Sandy so this color is even more rare.

I asked her "Why so few...?" and she said, it was by far the most popular color choice of those people ordering the car (at least at Fisker Santa Monica). However, since Fisker had so much trouble getting the paint process right (on that color), the deliveries were constantly delayed so people cancelled and grabbed a different color. By the time they finally got the process sorted out, summer production was beginning to ramp down (they take July off in Finland) and then Sandy happened. Mine was a 06/2012 build date, btw. Yours?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Haha...nice idea for a thread. I like the mod you did to "de-chrome" around the windows. How exactly did you do that?
It's a film. The sales team at Fisker Santa Monica helped me out with that by getting one of their installers to come out and put the film on at the same time they did the clear bra. I originally put it on all the chrome surfaces, but I think I'm going to remove it from the grill (because it makes it look unfinished) and probably also from the diamond shaped accents on the rear of the car.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's a shot I took yesterday in the late afternoon. Laguna looks great in this light!

Believe it or not, FA actually has a marketing photo similar to this floating around the Interwebs. I thought it would be fun to recreate. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Two words: panel gaps!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Beautiful - my Laguna here in NC also gets all the stares....

After Sandy I heard there are now only 68 Laguna Karmas left in the world - wonder where they are? The build quality generally should be high as they were late builds when the Finnish got better. Maybe that's why Henrik himself chose the Laguna when he bought his own. :)

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Two words: Glass Houses.
Relax SD - just a joke. I've got twice as many panel gaps lol.

Funny enough I did see a 24XX Inferno and its trunk alignment was worse than a 16XX series Deep Ocean. Every Karma is a snowflake.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts