Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Picking up our new Karma!

8K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Deep Ocean 
#1 ·
Ok, posting the pics of our new car. Hope this works...

See less See more
#2 ·
I am so happy for you. I can't wait for the pictures. Deep Ocean is simply the most stunning color. I'm still intrigued by the array of colors in the reflective chips in the paint.
After almost 3 weeks, I am getting my S.E Karma back this morning too. Can't wait. It's almost like delivery #2.
Cheers,

#4 ·
I remember when I picked up my Karma... as I drove away from the dealer in Irvine, there was a trailer like this unloading more Karmas! It was pretty cool to see, although I was also distracted by the fact that I was FINALLY driving my own Karma =)

@Deep, I'm excited for you - can't wait to see the pics!

#5 ·
Picked up our car today and it surpassed our expectations! Dealership was great, spent three hours with us, and I spent time with their mechanics as well. Both mechanics came in on their day off to not only make sure that we were satisfied but that others were as well. Top marks to Marvin K. Brown in San Diego! Thanks to Dave, Frank, Jennifer, Vicki and their two excellent mechanics! I probably missed a few people. Sorry if I did.

The fit and finish is excellent. No trunk overbite, minor tweaks to the body that were taken care of right away. Typical growing pains on the command center, funny that there's no AM radio reception (we know, not sure how that was missed but a minor issue). Crackling on the blue tooth cell connection but not a show stopper.

The paint is awesome! Almost embarrasingly beautiful in the sun. A real head turner with lots of on lookers. We went to dinner tonight with the car and people were apologetic when asking if they could take a picture of the car.

Interior is perfect. We have black sand and love it. The alcantara looks great. No complaints. I noticed the lighted cup holders but lack of instrument lighting. Strange. But not a show stopper.

No electrical wiring smell at all. Got the low tire pressure indicator almost immediately, but the tires are perfectly fine. I'll put it on the list.

Overall ride: this car is solid, no rattles, minor engine noise in sport mode and a strange sound when the car first goes into sport mode, but it sounds like the engine is engaging the generator and doesn't repeat. No heat shield rattle. The ride is fantastic. Very quiet and sure.

Will post pictures on Sunday.

#10 ·
The pictures look awesome. The car literally sparkles in the sun. Hope you have lots of fun with it. Don't forget to post and tell us about it.

Congratulations,

-- Fab.

#19 ·
Congrats Deep Blue.
I am a little jealous. I wanted the same colour but made a stupid deal with my spouse. When I told them that I was going to buy a Fisker they insisted that they could pick the colour......
We all had agreed on Deep Ocean until the dealer mentioned that Earth was avalable for EcoSports too (it was not at first). So now I am waiting for an Eco Sports Earth. I'll get used to it :cool:

#21 ·
Agree with Matrix, you can't go wrong with any color. Deep Ocean doesn't have the pizzazz at night, so if you plan on using it only at night (Dinner, etc) Deep Ocean might not be the best color. During the day, watch out, its awesome!

Flying Dutchman - I don't think you'll be disappointed with Earth. I secretly wanted Earth, but my wife talked me into Deep Ocean. Funny how wives have so much influence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.