Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if it shouldn't be a simple software change to make the pedestrian warning sound more like a car and less like a refrigerator in need of repair? Could another "ring tone" be uploaded? (Am I alone in not liking this particular aspect of an otherwise gorgeous vehicle?) :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think it isn't yet as my daughters want to make our car to sound like kittens!! But it would be a great feature

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It is a pulse width modulated signal that is speed dependent sent from a processor. Not as simple as a ringtone...sorry folks. Gonna have to wait awhile for the simulated combustion sound :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't know if I'd want to change it. Every time I hear a clip of a Karma running I grin a little ;-)

I mean, who else can say their car sounds like a spaceship?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like the sound feature- have a friend that is visually impaired and the artificial sound is a life saver. We also have a school for the blind nearby which has warning notices posted for drivers. I for one am grateful our cars have this feature in those situations. As for the audible note- iMHO it is a perfect balance of alerting pedestrians while not being obnoxious. I can't think what I would change it to otherwise. I love it:)

·
Registered
913 Posts
I was picking up some take-away food the other day at one of those places that comes out to you car, and the guy delivering it asked if my Karma was an electric car and declared that it "sounds like the future!" :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had wished for an option to change the sound before I got my car but after driving it, I have come to enjoy the "tron" sound.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I think the appropriate 'tron' sound our Karmas make is yet another indication of the designer's courtesy. If we were gliding by slowly and silently, the pedestrians in need of warning, even if safely on the sidewalk, might miss their chance to see a Karma up close.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking of a useful noise like "You, on the bicycle ... get the ____ out of the middle of the road!" Like that.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The longer I have the car, the more I am changing my mind and thinking of the sound as part of its charm and uniqueness. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I do like the sound but would love to lower the volume a bit when driving slowly. Especially in parking garages and next to walls it's a bit too loud in my opinion...

Anyone ever tried tweaking the electrics? Disconnecting the speakers is not an option as
a) the sound will be completely gone
b) there will be an annoying warning light

I was more thinking about hooking a resistor in the circuit to reduce the output volume...

My baby had been in the garage waiting for a 12v battery exchange until today. Looking forward to get that done and have her back... :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Well, I can confirm disconnecting the speaker(s) will not cause any issues. I had one come in brand new right off the boat from Valmet with an open circuit to the speakers and made no sound while driving. Theres no fault detection on this system so you could try a resistor and treat it as any traditional speaker to reduce volume.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello,
I applicated a thin rubber lief under the cover of the speaker. The noise became lower but it didn’t effect the sound.
4 screws and 10 minutes. J

·
Registered
29 Posts
In the back in the middle and on the front to the left there is a speaker. You have to put the rubber or the sponge under the cover.
I uploaded some pictures in my album.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It sounds like a frickin decepticon/tron or alien spaceship arriving

Gives me chills whenever i hear it, dare i say almost as nice if not better than a 355's exhaust note!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts