Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Parking sensors and Hill mode

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ct-fiskerbuzz 
#1 ·
When in Hill mode my parking sensors will not work. Have tried this repeatedly. Has anyone else experienced this?

Lori

#3 ·
lori said:
When in Hill mode my parking sensors will not work. Have tried this repeatedly. Has anyone else experienced this?

Lori
It's by design. I don't agree with the design, but it is on purpose.

I discovered something useful the other day, you can take the car out of Hill mode by doing a long pull on the paddle. That is, if you're in Hill 1 and want to go back to regular stealth/sport, just pull and hold for about a second. This is slightly quicker (at least for me) than pulling once for Hill 2, waiting, and pulling again to exit the mode.

#4 ·
WreckedKarma said:
Hey Lori,
They are disabled while in hill mode.. sucks hitting a curb and scratching up the bumper because of the <idiotic> parking sensors..
While that is true, it is also very annoying to have the proximity alarms go off each time you pull up behind someone at a traffic light or when someone pulls up close behind you. Either way, it's a trade off.

#5 ·
Also discovere this by accident about two days ago.

[/quote]

I discovered something useful the other day, you can take the car out of Hill mode by doing a long pull on the paddle. That is, if you're in Hill 1 and want to go back to regular stealth/sport, just pull and hold for about a second. This is slightly quicker (at least for me) than pulling once for Hill 2, waiting, and pulling again to exit the mode.
[/quote]

[hr]
Thank You all for the replies.

I just stopped short of hitting an object. Glad i relied on sight rather than sensors. Which i guess is what we should do anyway.

WreckedKarma said:
Hey Lori,
They are disabled while in hill mode.. sucks hitting a curb and scratching up the bumper because of the <idiotic> parking sensors..

#6 ·
ct-fiskerbuzz said:
lori said:

Lori

What works for me, when going from Hill I directly to regular Stealth/Sport, is two clicks in quick succession, within a few tenths of a second (instead of clicking, waiting and then clicking again).

#7 ·
ct-fiskerbuzz said:
lori said:

Lori

Great tip. Thx. Has anyone figure out if we get more regen from breaking or slowing down an equal amount paddling into hill mode?

#8 ·
rex said:
Great tip. Thx. Has anyone figure out if we get more regen from breaking or slowing down an equal amount paddling into hill mode?
You get the same, it's just easier to be sure you're not pushing too hard on the brake (so as to activate the friction brakes) by using hill mode, and also with hill you get a very steady slowdown, which is nice when—wait for it—going down a long hill :D (or a mountain!).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.