Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently had this ominous sign grace my dashboard as I was exiting the parking lot graced by the presence of a loud clicking/braking noise as I reversed the car about 5 feet back. The noise felt like the parking brake was still somewhat engaged. Any ideas of how to fix this? Possibility of doing a soft or hard reset?? If so, how do you do that? Thanks, guys!

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Just recently had this ominous sign grace my dashboard as I was exiting the parking lot graced by the presence of a loud clicking/braking noise as I reversed the car about 5 feet back. The noise felt like the parking brake was still somewhat engaged. Any ideas of how to fix this? Possibility of doing a soft or hard reset?? If so, how do you do that? Thanks, guys!
You did not attach a photo of the sign, but from the other symptoms, it sounds a lot like a parking pawl fault, which sadly, requires an RDM rebuild to fix. @Harleyguy and @FiskerPhilly can deliver the rest of the bad news.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Could just be parking brake cable sticking. The cable sheathing can develop a tear which won't allow it to retract and throws the message. Try engaging and disengaging the p. Brake a few times.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't think it's the RDMs dye to he fact that I just recently had them Rebuilt by AlexPop with harder splines...FiskerPhilly will try! Thanks, fellas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts