Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experiencing Park Pawl noise 40 - 50 mph, when you press gas pedal after coasting..
i never had this problem just started after the update ( is that going to damage the diff ?
after the update .. Park Pawl at low speed improved , but more i feel it on reverse .

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Anyone experiencing Park Pawl noise 40 - 50 mph, when you press gas pedal after coasting..
i never had this problem just started after the update ( is that going to damage the diff ?
after the update .. Park Pawl at low speed improved , but more i feel it on reverse .
What leads you to believe that it is the Parking Pawl? That device should not be active at those kinds of speeds. Not saying it is not, just curious about your diagnostic process.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
That's not the park pawl. It is resonance of gear train play in the differential which is no different than any other rear wheel driven vehicle but you hear it in the karma because of the phasing of the electric motors. With a traditional gas powered car there is constant forward torque being applied by the transmission so you don't hear the play. With electric motors at low speed they tend to oscillate thus causing the rattle. It really is harmless but a nuisance none the less. 530 applies torque bias or a constant forward torque (minimal) to try to eliminate the oscillation. It can't however fully eliminate it on every car.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
No. 535 will definitely NOT fix this. 535 is only battery sw. The only issues we had were with hcu sw changing the diagnostic of the park pawl and throwing a park system service required message and won't come out of park.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Karma has 2 park sensors in the rdm. Apparently the new sw looks at both sensors whereas the older sw may have only been looking at one and not comparing the 2. So if one sensor is not working properly it throws a fault right away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.