Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at all types of car care, Chemical Guys, Adam's, Car Show1, Nanoskin,... then I ran into this tried and true Liquid Glass LG 100. It has a 4.8 rating on Amazon and 4.9 on Advanced Auto. Has anyone used this?

I am just trying to find the best way to maintain the color (Laguna Blue). My process is:

1. Wash
  2. Clay bar
  3. Glaze (optional)
  4. Sealant
  5. Wax
  6. Detailer

I have never used Liquid Glass, but it says after 25 coats (4 hour curing time) the paint is chip resistant!

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
If you want to learn how to really detail a car check out Auto Geek .net that's where I buy all my detail products I also detail cars as a hobby and I don't mean a wash and wax I do paint correction .
Only clay bar a car when it needs it use a Baggie over you hand and feel the paint if the Baggie feels rough clay bar. Once the paint is swirl free and coated correctly you won't need to clay bar that offen.
Glaze is a filler it fills in swirls but after a wash the swirls come back dealerships and car lots and body shops love to coat paint with a glaze . Back in the day it was called Ebony .
I spend anywhere from a couple hours to days detailing a car it all depends what the owner is trying to accomplish.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want to learn how to really detail a car check out Auto Geek .net that's where I buy all my detail products I also detail cars as a hobby and I don't mean a wash and wax I do paint correction .
Only clay bar a car when it needs it use a Baggie over you hand and feel the paint if the Baggie feels rough clay bar. Once the paint is swirl free and coated correctly you won't need to clay bar that offen.
Glaze is a filler it fills in swirls but after a wash the swirls come back dealerships and car lots and body shops love to coat paint with a glaze . Back in the day it was called Ebony .
I spend anywhere from a couple hours to days detailing a car it all depends what the owner is trying to accomplish.
This is great! I appreciate this. I love to take care of my cars. I wanted to know what brands you guys use?

I see a lot on Chemical Guys (have a few of there stuff). Adam's polishes, I have there H2O guard & Gloss.

I am looking for a a great glaze, sealant, and wax. I am thinking solid wax for deep shine. Recommendations?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used a lot of chemical guys product. I've used the compound corrections, jet seal, clay bar, gel trim, The v7, tires shine and of course their car wash shampoo. Now i don't use as much cause my car is wrapped.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used a lot of chemical guys product. I've used the compound corrections, jet seal, clay bar, gel trim, The v7, tires shine and of course their car wash shampoo. Now i don't use as much cause my car is wrapped.
What was your process of use for the products?

Which ones did you love?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts