Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P0B8C Hybrid Battery Voltage Sense "Q" Circuit Range/Performance\
this happened 2 time in ln past 6 months..

i noticed the hv battery indicator little less than the usual 15% and battery level went to orange and back to white , ..and the car kinda lost some power on acceleration
usually go away when i fully charge it and clear the code

i also noticed when it happen both times i was low on gas about 30 miles left

to me look like the engine not keeping up with charging
:huh:

car 17000 mile

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
When the hv battery has a weak module, it will dip below the minimum threshold and the battery meter will go into the orange.its not so much that the generator cant keep up as it is the weak module that brings average battery voltage down. Id say have all the codes read and battery data looked at with a Fisker scan tool. It'll show up.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
What FiskerPhilly said. The Fisker scan tool will read out exactly which module is having the issue.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for your help
i hard reboot and fully charged over night battery fully charge in less than 6 hours as usual .. the engine light now gone and the battery range same .. DROVE IT AROUND 35 miles the ICE started so far no code and the 15% level more than yesterday..
forgot to mention was very hot day 112 F , AND AC ON Can was idle no engine just loud fans
wil keep an eye on it

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if there is one bad module should effect the over all all battery performance , no?
im still getting the usual 37 miles on electric , i did notice the engine take longer to start when it hit the zero .. i pushed it hard yesterday on sport 80-90 mph traveled 50 mile back and forth the engine light came but battery level still white ( on the 2nd mark usually between 2-3)to me look like its calibration issue with what ever controling when ice start and how much charge need to be left

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
We can go back and forth on an Internet forum making guesses, but that won't ever tell us why the light came on. You'll need to take it to one of the dealers up there that has the Fisker scan tool to determine what happened/what's going on.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
We can go back and forth on an Internet forum making guesses, but that won't ever tell us why the light came on. You'll need to take it to one of the dealers up there that has the Fisker scan tool to determine what happened/what's going on.
Sure, but guessing and speculating is so much more fun. :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Totally agree.. I have to check it soon
The question if there is problem with one model will that effect the battery over all performance ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Depending on the level of voltage deviation between them, yes and no.
Erickarma has had this problem for years, I know he is not very happy about it. But he seems to be good till 10 miles left and still likes his car. Was your battery replaced during the recall?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeh the battery new replaced on recall.. 8000 mile ago now 17k mile..
That code come up only when the engine start ( when battery level at zero) only after Turning car off and on
When the car fully charged the engine light off..
I did hard reset code still there engine light come when battery level zero .. But the good news the battery won't dip to orange anymore even with high speed
Might be a calibrating issue,, i think thing the engine starting to late
The battery overall range has not changed still solid avrg 35mille

Did he have same issue

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
It's a little scary that you may have a problem with the replacement battery. HarlyGuy may have more insight on Eric's symptoms. He worked on Eric's car. also I am pretty sure EricKarma's battery was never replaced.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Let us know when you actually take it in to get it scanned by the Fisker diagnostic tool. Go in when the check engine light is on, battery at a lower charge. Have them take a screenshot of the diagnostic trouble codes and have them email it over to you. You can then post it here so we can chime in on whats going on.

You're welcome to bring it down to me to have it checked, I'll do it for free.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts