Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a fisker with high vin, but his cel light is on all the time. My fisker garage in belgium said before I bought it that it is probably just a cable that is not fine, and told me the battery needs to be removed and then simply fix the cable. But this takes many hours of labour but it would be nothing horrible. The only problem is they have only a fisker mechanic on monday, so it could take more than 3 weeks (3 mondays) to do this, which means i must do without my car for three weeks!!!!!!
I bought myself a code reader, and the codes are P0A7B and P1D15.
Can somebody please inform me what to do.
Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
I just bought a fisker with high vin, but his cel light is on all the time. My fisker garage in belgium said before I bought it that it is probably just a cable that is not fine, and told me the battery needs to be removed and then simply fix the cable. But this takes many hours of labour but it would be nothing horrible. The only problem is they have only a fisker mechanic on monday, so it could take more than 3 weeks (3 mondays) to do this, which means i must do without my car for three weeks!!!!!!
I bought myself a code reader, and the codes are P0A7B and P1D15.
Can somebody please inform me what to do.
Many thanks
A normal code reader will not give you enough information. Your car really needs to be connected to a Fisker Scan Tool to understand specifically what is causing those codes to occur.

If you search these forums you'll see that one of the codes you have, P0A7B, is pretty common and can indicate a wide variety of issues. I must say that I've never heard of a "bad cable" as a cause for these. More commonly the issue is a bad module in the HV battery which is fixable but more complicated and expensive to resolve. I have never heard of someone reporting a P1D15 code, and a Google search does not identify that as a valid OBD code. Are you sure that was the correct code?

Good luck! If I were you I would start by having the Fisker technician use the Fisker scan tool on your car. That will let you know what you are dealing with. While your OBD reader may allow you to clear the codes and hide the MIL/CEL I don't recommend you do so until after they have had a chance to use the scan tool.

Brent

·
Registered
211 Posts
If it is one or two battery modules that may be faulty, I saw a couple for sale on ebay, original A123 battery modules. Dont know if they are still there. Anyhow, your problem should theoreticlly be covered by the CSP program that the new Fisker put in place so dont take your wallet out so fast at the Fisker dealers. Just ask for warranty repairs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts