Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we should consider building a formal Owner's Registry. This would provide many benefits including identifying current owners, for ourselves and Wanxiang, help quantify vehicles owned, build etc. Each owner could choose to provide all or some of the following information:

Name (FB Name) City Prov/State Country Year V.I.N. Model Colors:idea::idea: Comments

Comments could include vehicle modifications, link to personal scrapbook, shout-outs to fellow members/former Fisker designers, engineers, dealers, current service providers, etc.

I'm sorry to say I have no idea how to create a registry, but if this sounds like a good idea, someone please assist after obtaining moderator approval and any other permissions needed. Also, consider building-in some way to sort based on information provided (i.e. Color, Name, City, Country, etc.).

·
Registered
854 Posts
You should just pick a trusted member to make a Google form. The form would be public but the associated spreadsheet would be accessible to a trusted few. I don't think you want that information to be publicly available.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yeah just go ahead and use Google and post a link to the form. Try to make it smart and specific, for example a drop down menu of all the factory colors and an option for custom. Make some of the more private questions optional. Maybe a radio button asking if people are ok with the information being made public.

Then if you have some basic spread sheet skills you can post some anonymous statistics. Or export a pdf of info people are ok being public.

If you ask for a postal code, you can then import that column into zeemaps and have a neat ownership map.

Since this site is now owned by Autoguide I wouldn't expect any custom code any time soon, so yeah just use Google.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I got a PM from HSS saying they have a registry you can join. That's fine, though I'd suggest owners just make and administer their own rather than relying on a company with commercial interests.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I got a PM from HSS saying they have a registry you can join. That's fine, though I'd suggest owners just make and administer their own rather than relying on a company with commercial interests.
Agreed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts