Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Should Fisker Buzz add an "Owners Only" forum?

• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 6.3%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it is obvious that there are those among us that are here for their own interests contrary to ours, why not open an owners only thread? Nay Sayers would have to Buy to Spy! No longer allowed to visit any thread to spread the RED!

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
An owners only forum could be implemented here.

Yet would it take away too much from the main Karma forum? All of this information is helpful for serious potential buyers or those individuals waiting for their car to arrive.

I am updating the thread with a poll to gauge interest.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wimbledon said:
An owners only forum could be implemented here.

Yet would it take away too much from the main Karma forum? All of this information is helpful for serious potential buyers or those individuals waiting for their car to arrive.

I am updating the thread with a poll to gauge interest.
I agree. An open discussion on the Karma is needed. Information is best. I know a Karma owner when I read one:)

·
Registered
913 Posts
HokieKarma said:
I agree. An open discussion on the Karma is needed. Information is best. I know a Karma owner when I read one:)
I also wonder, what constitutes "proof of ownership", and what about those of us waiting for Laguna. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'd like to see it added so owners could have frank discussions about defects in the cars they *love* without their comments being used against Fisker.

·
Registered
913 Posts
FredFriendly said:
I'd like to see it added so owners could have frank discussions about defects in the cars they *love* without their comments being used against Fisker.
I'm not convinced that would work ... someone with an axe to grind (or some group like the NLPC) could even actually buy one, so as to be a legitimate Fisker owner, and there's still the question of how you screen applicants in the first place (get their VIN? what if they just "borrow" the VIN off a car they spy on the street / at a dealer?).

This is not to say "don't do it", just "don't set expectations too high from having done it"....

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
FredFriendly said:
This works in theory, but as a practical matter it's safe to assume that anything said in the owners area would leak. Then the press would seize on "Numerous Fisker owners have complained that..."

My $0.02: Information wants to be free. I say we treat it as such. Besides, hiding relevant information from potential owners diminishes much of the value of these forums.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LonePalmBJ said:
FredFriendly said:
This works in theory, but as a practical matter it's safe to assume that anything said in the owners area would leak. Then the press would seize on "Numerous Fisker owners have complained that..."

My $0.02: Information wants to be free. I say we treat it as such. Besides, hiding relevant information from potential owners diminishes much of the value of these forums.
My $0.01: Arun would tell me that those that complain on the buzz represent the 1%. The others are out driving and having fun! With that said we do not want to worry about something to such an extent WE CAUSE IT TO HAPPEN! ( A SELF FULFILLING PROPHECY ) We need a confidential site open to us and Fisker only.[hr]
MArkansas said:
LonePalmBJ said:
FredFriendly said:

My $0.01: Arun would tell me that those that complain on the buzz represent the 1%. The others are out driving and having fun! With that said we do not want to worry about something to such an extent WE CAUSE IT TO HAPPEN! ( A SELF FULFILLING PROPHECY ) We need a confidential site open to us and Fisker only.
WHY SHOULD NON OWNERS GET TO VOTE?

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Thanks all for providing feedback.

I have to decline offering an owners only forum for these reasons:

1. Difficulties/logistics of verifying actual owners.
2. Information not available for potential owners, which leaves them in the dark.
3. Inability for Fisker engineers and other helpful technical staff to comment and resolve issues.
4. Inability for Fisker executives to see your comments (many read the forum).
5. Certain to reduce discussion in the main Karma forum.
6. The media is aware of the Karma's issues anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts