Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm no CA DMV expert but seems like there are several questions that need clarifying here.

1. Ok, so you haven't actually registered the plate to a car in 28 years. Is it still a valid plate or just a conversation piece?

2. Do you have both plates?

3. Can you legally sell and transfer a set of plates (only, i.e., without a car) in CA? Never heard of anyone doing it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good questions.

the plates were bought at a swap meet and was going to be used for some potential marketing tie-in after the Onward marketing tag line came out. There are 2. They show the wear and tear expected in a old plate.

It is a real CA plate, but it is not currently active. Could it be activated again and used on a Karma? I am sorry I dont know.I will look into that and try to have an answer.

Otherwise they are great pieces to anyone collecting Fisker memorabilia.

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Good questions.

the plates were bought at a swap meet and was going to be used for some potential marketing tie-in after the Onward marketing tag line came out. There are 2. They show the wear and tear expected in a old plate.

It is a real CA plate, but it is not currently active. Could it be activated again and used on a Karma? I am sorry I dont know.I will look into that and try to have an answer.

According to the CA DMV, the plates are not available, which means someone else has them registered on their car. You can revive an expired personalized plate within a year or two, but after that, it becomes available to be assigned to someone else. These are well past that point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys you are right, there is a current type CA plate with onward already in use. so these cant be run on a car as the plate.

a collector of Fisker memorabilia has grabbed them up at this point anyway as display, so thanks for looking

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

There ya go. Pull 12 is an ex Fisker employee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts