Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing new.... This site has been up for a very long time.
Not with that url, speed, updated dealer list that I remember and the ability to spec a car - I guess I've been under a rock. Oh well , I pull stuff off that other may find useful.

Btw who is running that site? The original I remember was taken over by the new fisker!!

·
54 Posts
It's Fiskers old site before they started going under. It is run by ignitedusa for their client works section of their site. They designed and created the site for "Old Fisker".

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
It's Fiskers old site before they started going under. It is run by ignitedusa for their client works section of their site. They designed and created the site for "Old Fisker".
So basically, it's just a sample of their work for prospective customers to view without any actual back-end connectivity to Fisker's systems? I am curious what would happen if someone actually configured and ordered a Karma. Would probably crash the site. :D

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Note to everyone: Download the documentation as quickly as you can while they are still available. This stuff would be hard to find if it disappears again.

·
54 Posts
So basically, it's just a sample of their work for prospective customers to view without any actual back-end connectivity to Fisker's systems? I am curious what would happen if someone actually configured and ordered a Karma. Would probably crash the site. :D
Exactly. When the site was online it would send the order information to the users closest fisker dealer. I doubt the online ordering still works.. Not sure what would happen to the data.

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Fabulist I saved the files to my Dropbox so they will be there for a while :) the site still,works and it looks pretty updated to me. There is a backend , limited to data provided , as far as I can tell - notice there is no management section and to me looks like nothing I had seen in the past - wonder if the new fisker is supporting the site...

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
I checked the local dealer here in Atlanta. Although the dealer info is correct, the contacts are outdated. The contact listed is now in Virginia, the second contact has a new job at the dealer in the Used Car Department. So it appears to be an old site that was there some time ago, and the information is suspect.

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'm the messenger, so try not to shot me please ;-)

OLD or NEW, it works pretty well, and there is some good info to mine. Interesting , maybe the new fisker adopt it , seem well built and fast

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
I checked the local dealer here in Atlanta. Although the dealer info is correct, the contacts are outdated. The contact listed is now in Virginia, the second contact has a new job at the dealer in the Used Car Department. So it appears to be an old site that was there some time ago, and the information is suspect.
The fact that it lists any dealers at all is suspect, IMHO. The Fisker dealer franchise contracts were wiped out in the BK process, so there are no official dealers any more. Some of the former dealers, like Fisker Marin, still provides service to the cars they sold, but they do they hold themselves out as a Fisker dealer any more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts