Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a bluetooth OBDLink reader so I can cancel and or check codes on the fly. I would like to solicit opinions on a OBDLink bluetooth that works on both the Android & Apple OS platforms. Any such animal?

(*I have an Android phone now and considering going back to Apple.)

Thanks in advance.

Sky.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You'll need to buy a wifi one if you want it to work with an iPhone. The Bluetooth ones are not compatible with iOS.

Any of them will work. I'd go for one of the new slim models.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Are u sure?
Which one did you buy?
The order process offers only android and Windows, when I select Bluetooth as the interface.

Beside the power consumption, which is much higher with wifi, compared to Bluetooth, what would be the problem to connect using wifi?

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
I have Iphone 6s, and it works with this OBD on bluethooth:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281806607449
Here is the one I have been using for the last 3 years. Works just fine with IOS via Bluetooth. Have downloaded and cleared many OBDII codes with this and the included software. I bought it from
, but you can also buy it directly from the company.

It comes with its own basic software and also works with Dashcommand.

NB: This type of software is mainly designed to monitor ICEs. Don't expect EV-specific parameters on the monitoring software, but it works just fine to read basic codes and to turn off the CEL/MIL.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are u sure?
Which one did you buy?
The order process offers only android and Windows, when I select Bluetooth as the interface.

Beside the power consumption, which is much higher with wifi, compared to Bluetooth, what would be the problem to connect using wifi?

Sorry, the link was wrong!
So, earlier I used this one with bluetooth:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/191751572388?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_mwBanner=1

But it was too big and didn't have any switch on it. Therefore I looked for smaller and switchable one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281806607449
And this one works with wifi . It is always in the car, so I can check the coolant temp, the 12 V battery monitor, the engine RPM and the Hybrid battery pack %.

I used to delete the "check engine lamp" warning signal through OBD.
This one works both of iPhone and iPad.

·
Registered
829 Posts
So, I am curious and would like to do a small survey. How often do we owners take it upon ourselves to clear our CEL lights on our own without having it looked at with one of these devices?

For me, I get a the same two codes: P1B99 and a P0A7B (I think, those are from memory) any time I take my battery below around 15 Stealth miles, and then charge it back up. Usually 1-2 times a month at least. I am assuming that it's to do with the "charger voltage" issue that the new 530 software is supposed to increase the tolerances of. Because those codes would clear themselves after I start/stop 3 or 4 times. I just don't let them stay because I want my digital speedometer back.

Anybody else?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use the car every day almost in stealth mode. The warning signals (P1B33 és P0A7B) reappear every week after the charging or before the hybrid battery go dead. (5-15km) I'm not worry about it, because the car run 69000 km yet and still able to take 65-75km in stealth mode depends on the speed and the temperatur.
I hope this issue will solved in the new 530 software.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
530 might help somewhat but the help comes in the way of software . If a module has one or two cells that are leaking the software won't help . From what I understand the software is going to widen the perimeters that set the check engine light . Example if there is a deviation of 30 mv that's sets the CEL the software will change adjust it to 40mv

·
Registered
829 Posts
But, will that specific warning clear itself if you drive 3 or 4 times (like mine does)? Would think that that variance would be constant if a cell is leaking ... ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kiwi 3 help.

I bought the Kiwi 3 OBD device and I cannot get the first of two android OBD reader software programs to connect on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Dash Commander & Car Doctor will not connect via the bluetooth or the "Device" that shows up as "Kiwi 5."
I tried the Kiwi 3 in my Honda Civic and it connects fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Sky

:s

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PS

*The bluetooth is not being recognized by my Android phone or my Macbook when either device is in "Discoverable mode."

:mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts