Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i JUST replaced module #1 , engine light on when BATTERY drop to 0 and ICE START THE CODE p1b15.. any idea why? does the battery need balance ?

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Who replaced the module was it a new module did the person who installed the module . When the module was installed did they match the state of charge of the new module with the original battery pack . You can't just replace a module and hope it fixes a battery problem . When they gave you back the car was the battery fully charged up ? What happened when you drove the car and the battery reached zero miles left

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply
Yes it's new module done by csp provider
Fully charged when I get the car
The car fully charge normally at 220 volt.. No engine light on battery till it get to zero when the lce start..

·
Registered
859 Posts
For the Volt, which has a similar linear hybrid propulsion system, the DTC P1B15 means "Regenerative Braking Torque Request Signal Message Counter Incorrect."

Since this an unusual error code, I'm hoping you might be experiencing a temporary glitch because the new module wasn't matched at the time of installation, and the software is confused.

Try keeping the car on the charger for a full day or two, then allow it to completely discharge so the ICE kicks in. Do this charge/discharge procedure a couple of times before punching the CSP in the nose.

It's not unusual to experience some strange - and temporary - error codes after battery maintenance.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
For the Volt, which has a similar linear hybrid propulsion system, the DTC P1B15 means "Regenerative Braking Torque Request Signal Message Counter Incorrect."

Since this an unusual error code, I'm hoping you might be experiencing a temporary glitch because the new module wasn't matched at the time of installation, and the software is confused.

Try keeping the car on the charger for a full day or two, then allow it to completely discharge so the ICE kicks in. Do this charge/discharge procedure a couple of times before punching the CSP in the nose.

It's not unusual to experience some strange - and temporary - error codes after battery maintenance.
Agree but a key factor in module replacement is knowing the voltage of the modules in the battery and adjust the new module voltage to try and match them. I don't know which CSP was used but I only know three CSP that have the equipment to match the voltage myself and Joe and I believe Bernie in Atanta just purchased one .

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'm pretty sure CSP Alex Pop in Orange County has the equipment as well.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ira thanks , I saw that code also apply for all hybrid trucks by gm,,,

I agree with h guy , is something to do with new module because the request for p1b15 come only when the range depleted to zero and ice start..
When the car on battery from 50 to 1 mile no code..

H guy .. Battery match voltage tools provided by Fisker ?

Cps none of the above :s

·
Registered
829 Posts
Agree but a key factor in module replacement is knowing the voltage of the modules in the battery and adjust the new module voltage to try and match them. I don't know which CSP was used but I only know three CSP that have the equipment to match the voltage myself and Joe and I believe Bernie in Atanta just purchased one .
@Harleyguy -- could you give me any contact info on where this equipment can be purchased? Corey, our local CSP, expressed an interest in knowing this, and I will see him on Saturday. Thanks.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so plugging the car on 240V charger for 24 hours drive it to zero then plug it again , not enough to balance the battery?

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
At this point you have no,choice and try and balance out the battery pack by driving and charging the battery pack @ Ira I don't think Alex has the equipment next time I speak to him I will ask

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so this code related to balancing the battery or programming the BECM after the module replacement?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Fisker has been sending the replacement modules fully charged but must check specific module voltage and compare to those remaining in pack. If you install a new module that is higher voltage SOC than the rest of the pack, you're screwed. Will take weeks to balance if ever. The new module cannot be higher must be lower. I get them balanced on bench within 10 mv of the pack and they are perfect in the first cycle. Full charge plus maybe a couple hours to balance then good to go.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Have your CSP hook up prodis and have them take a look at the voltages. Will be able to tell pretty quickly if the module can be balanced by EVSE.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Key is to keep charging until the light goes out on the charger. May take a couple days or more. If charger is still cycling lights (or fixed charging light depending on brand) then it is not yet balanced.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts