Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Looks unique and sleek... unlike the bulky, some might say pedestrian one:

... a colleague of mine had me thinking about the Model S so I was perusing through the Tesla website... and, wow, they just have a way with words...

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/features#/styling

For the interior noise design, here's what Tesla says:

Scan the streamlined body panels and you’ll discover that Model S lacks a fuel door. Approach the driver’s side taillight holding a connector, press the button, and something surprising happens: a triangle opens to reveal a small charge port. The connectors enable, from one Tesla-designed port, rapid charging as well as charging from 240 volt and 120 volt outlets.

Model S is a driver’s car. Behind the wheel, you’ll notice that Tesla has combined meticulous noise engineering with Tesla’s uniquely quiet powertrain to obtain the sound dynamics of a recording studio. Innovative materials like a dashboard made of Banana Leaf fulfill Tesla’s commitment to provide premium quality while reducing impact on the environment. The gem of the interior is the 17” touchscreen. It puts rich content at your fingertips and provides wi-fi or mobile connectivity. Model S Signature comes standard with an exclusive interior featuring premium leather and unique badging for the most discriminating consumer.
A recording studio? Wow, that's a high bar to meet.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
kabalah70 said:
Looks like a mini mouse to me. I prefer the styling of the Karma fob.
I agree.

-- Fab.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Karma FOB is a little on the large side for my taste.. a bit bigger than the Audi's for sure.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I liked the Tesla fob pic so much it's been my Facebook pic since October. Many people have asked if its a futuristic mouse though

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
SoCalGuy said:
The Karma FOB is a little on the large side for my taste.. a bit bigger than the Audi's for sure.
That's because in addition to the battery, it has a small steam engine connected to to a tiny generator in it. The first 50 times you use it, the battery is used, and after that the steam engine kicks on to provide power. That's why it's a lot bigger and heavier than a regular key fob. :D

-- Fab.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Fabulist said:
SoCalGuy said:
That's because in addition to the battery, it has a small steam engine connected to to a tiny generator in it. The first 50 times you use it, the battery is used, and after that the steam engine kicks on to provide power. That's why it's a lot bigger and heavier than a regular key fob. :D

-- Fab.
How's the panel-fit? :D

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
matrix said:
Fabulist said:
SoCalGuy said:

-- Fab.
How's the panel-fit? :D
Don't ask.

-- Fab.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
The panel fit seems ok, but it definitely has some software issues. It seems to turn on random ladies.
Cheers,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts