Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started looking at my taxes and just realized that Form 8936 isn't part of the 2012 Tax Package. Since most of us bought our cars in 2012, i'm sure someone has figured out what to do. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!!

I'll wait and see when it is finalized by the IRS.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Oh... Is this worth the effort, doing the paperwork? :)

I have to have some really good hours to name it "just"

Thanks. You made my day.

Stefan
German Karma Forum
www.karma-forum.de

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Oh... Is this worth the effort, doing the paperwork? :)

I have to have some really good hours to name it "just"

Thanks. You made my day.

Stefan
German Karma Forum
www.karma-forum.de
I said "just" because I was working on my Solar PV system tax rebate today and it is 30% of the total cost, so in comparison, the Karma rebate is "just". ;)

·
Registered
913 Posts
I said "just" because I was working on my Solar PV system tax rebate today and it is 30% of the total cost, so in comparison, the Karma rebate is "just". ;)
You must have a pretty big PV system then ... I'm expecting about a $6k tax credit benefit on mine (and as with all tax credits, hoping it's not subject to AMT).

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
You must have a pretty big PV system then ... I'm expecting about a $6k tax credit benefit on mine (and as with all tax credits, hoping it's not subject to AMT).
8.3KW AC, I'm expecting over $16K tax rebate. It should cover most of my needs as well as the Karma. Of course I'm also hoping I see the whole amount. :D

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit

The IRS Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit Form 8936 is now available. See attached. The Fisker Karma qualifies for a $7,500.00 credit.:)

The attachment didn't make it. You can find the form at: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8936.pdf

·
Premium Member
353 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Okay, now here comes the PITA part. The IRS has not yet certified Form 8936 for e-file. They told me that they don't anticipate it will be certified to e-file until the end of February/beginning of March. So, if you want to e-file, you will have to wait to file your taxes until then. Otherwise, you will have to file by snail mail.

I suppose it doesn't really matter, since we aren't even sure what the tax laws will be until the government figures out a budget and whether or not they will raise taxes again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts