Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

On her way to Denver for front end repair...

Tire tracks showing the sloooooow slide into a ditch in front of my house. No speed at all, just pulled out of the driveway and slowly rode the brake down to the corner for the first turn. As soon as I began to turn the wheel the slide started, and before I could yell, "NO!" more than once I was in the ditch. There was a rock hidden underneath the snow that the front left crunched into. The sound was pretty sickening as the bumper slowly folded in on itself.

The plastic bumper folded nicely, and it does not appear to have any real damage to the hood, fender well, etc.
Definitely not a good way to start the new year, but at least the only thing hurt was my pride. The dealer in Denver has been great, and she will be at the collison center this afternoon. What makes it all suck even more was that I was driving her for the first time in about six weeks (due to the snow) and we were on our way to another house we have in the valley where I was going to park her for the rest of the winter. I told the dealer to "take your time," as I would be leaving her there until about April anyway...

·
Registered
546 Posts
My condolences!

I know it sucks. And I would be quite upset if it had happened to me. However, you are lucky that the only damage appears to be to the plastic bumper.

Chin up!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Summer tires on snowy road? Not very grippy it seems... Good that damage is minor!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Almost happened to me. I avoided damage by a hair. I guess we gotta get winter rims and tires ASAP. Anyone have them? How do they perform in snow similar to these photos?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have them. They performed well in similar snow at Snowmass Village, CO, at 8500 ft. elevation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Hope she gets well soon. I think I speak for every owner here when I say that I felt your pain the instant I saw the photo. Best of luck and quick recovery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think it happened because you didn't have winter tires. If I were you next time I would be sure to have winter tires on the snow. It's much safer.

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
I think it happened because you didn't have winter tires. If I were you next time I would be sure to have winter tires on the snow. It's much safer.
Thank you, captain obvious for rubbing salt in the poor man's wound. Your work here is done. :dodgy:

·
320 Posts
I'm not sure why chose to drive a Karma in snow even to move it from one house to another. To me, it would be like taking a Ferrari or Lamborghini into snow. The car is poorly adapted for such conditions even temporarily, with low front end clearance and gobs of torque. Who would want to coat the bottom of their Karma with road salt and muddy melted snow? I even avoid driving my car on rainy stormy days. Perhaps putting it away for the winter BEFORE the snows arrive may have been a wiser choice. Hindsight is 20/20.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i have snow tires and use it for my daily drive al year, no problems:)
The ferrari sleeps in the garage ower winter:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the snow tires. Use the car all year 20.000+ miles Actually in my opinion the car is overall better with the 21 inch.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I agree The Yokohama snow package works great up to about 4" of snow. The ride quality and grip are excellent with the snows on. However I still like the look of the summer wheels better. The stock summer tires are a disaster waiting to happen much below 45 degrees.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts