Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Northern California Karma Meet-Up - Spinello’s in Los Gatos on Wed, Jan 13 at 11:45am

19K views 73 replies 23 participants last post by  WATTGAS 
#1 ·
To celebrate “good Karma” for the New Year, 6 of us (so far) are meeting for lunch at Spinello’s (http://www.spinelloslg.com/), an East Coast style Italian restaurant in Los Gatos. The mayor will be joining us.

Spinello’s is across from Town Hall, which has plenty of parking (and several charging stations). Please RSVP as soon as possible since the restaurant is a small and popular spot for lunch, and we will probably need half of it for our group.

It looks like we will break the 6-Karma record for a NorCal meet-up. 10 or more Karmas lined up would be awesome and could present a photo op for the San Jose Mercury News.

Happy Holidays!

#15 ·
Thanks Dave and everyone! We now have 14 confirmed.

Spinello's only has 24 seats, so for headcount purposes, please let me know if you plan on bringing a buddy or significant other.

Because seating is limited, if you want to be included in this NorCal "Karmaraderie" event, please RSVP as soon as possible.

#18 ·
I work for VW in the bay area but as a former Fisker Employee, I don't plan on attending the lunch but would like to see PowerSource vehicles. Is there another event outside the lunch for enthusiasts to visit with vehicles? I would like to participate in that portion of the EVent and talk shop.

#20 ·
I would think that some of the Karma owners would also like to check out the @PowerSource SuperKarmas. We should see if he can make them available either before or after the event somewhere for those who want to see them.

#32 ·
Thanks Pat (of Pat's Garage)!

It will be awesome to have you, our NorCal CSP, drive down from SF with your very own Karma and share your expertise with us. Also, the story about how you chose to become a CSP will be quite interesting.

I understand you've put 80K miles on that Karma since acquiring it new! :)

#31 ·
I have emailed back and forth with Fisker people and they have told me that the plan is to transition current owners to the new re-launched vehicle if they are expecting improvements. The 2012 Fisker Karma is a technological dead end as far as Karma Automotive is concerned. They will release some pipeline updates but in terms of significant improvements we should not be expecting much? @Fabulist have you heard otherwise? What is the value to attend these events that are sparse on details for our Karma Automotive imposed obsolete vehicles?

#34 ·
Update on Spinello's Seating Capacity

I just spoke with Michael Spinello and he can reconfigure his seating to accommodate 40 of us without being jammed. So ignore the 24-seat limit I posted earlier. We are also invited to sit around and chat after meal service ends at 2 p.m. (This is a great option if the weather is cool.)

Michael will expand his lunch offerings to those of us who would like to order from his dinner menu. http://www.spinelloslg.com/.

At the moment, the dining headcount is approximately 20. Several owners are bringing their spouses, so please let me know if you also plan on attending with a friend or significant other.

#38 ·
The event is open to anyone who has owned, owns, or would like to own a Karma.

My friend, even if you hadn't hosted the Santana Event or participated in other local meet-ups, you would be welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.