Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. I've been looking to dive into the Fisker pool and was looking for advice - lots of great folks here with helpful posts. What's worrisome are older posts regarding 6.15 as well as battery replacements needed to get cars going again. In another thread, many chimed in that almost all of the existing Karmas have had their batteries updated (if needed) as well as the software upgraded. Did I conclude this correctly?

Am looking at several but right now, I'm chatting with folks at Marin - they have 3 new Karmas (but punched as used cars now) for $60k a pop. If they don't sell, the dealership will send them down to a SoCal auction soon. Any advice or insight here? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Ignore older posts about 615. The latest software is 510, which is quite stable.

It's definitely not true that almost all of the existing vehicles have had their batteries replaced. A number of them still have the original battery.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Am looking at several but right now, I'm chatting with folks at Marin - they have 3 new Karmas (but punched as used cars now) for $60k a pop. If they don't sell, the dealership will send them down to a SoCal auction soon. Any advice or insight here? Thanks.
Fisker Silicon Valley has sold at least one car and possibly two at around $50K.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Dennis - Thanks. I'll check that out.
@Lormax - thanks, I'll make sure 510 is the version to verify. In regards to batteries, is there a VIN number that can serve as a marker so that "any Fisker after #### should have the better batteries". I'm currently looking at #1389, #1207 or #990. Thanks again for the advice.

·
Registered
546 Posts
In regards to batteries, is there a VIN number that can serve as a marker so that "any Fisker after #### should have the better batteries".
Lormax has the best advice which is to check out each individual battery. I got one of the last Karmas to roll off the assembly line (#2669), so I thought my battery would be free from defects. About 5 months out, my Check Engine Light came on, and Lormax diagnosed a bad module in my battery. I'm currently weighing my options regarding whether to fix the module or just replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pulled the trigger today and took home #1382 (Deep Ocean / Canyon Tri). Thanks for the help everyone. @Dennis - thanks for turning me onto Fisker SV.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts