Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm quite happy with my Fisker, I (my wife) do drive an Ampera also (for the more daily business....). Well don't misunderstand me: as it is not exclusive as the Fisker, it is quite reliable and free from faults. One thing that is different, is -a.o- that the regenerative braking with the Ampera is completely noiseless, whereas - with the Fisker- there is some kind of a "rolling" sound, especially in Hill Mode 1. Does anyone share this ?

·
Registered
913 Posts
I get no odd regen-braking noises either. However, if you have a low-serial-number (= early production) Karma and are hearing odd noises during regenerative braking, you should have your dealer check to see if your rear drive system needs work. Some early parts had improper heat treatment of the splines connecting the drive motors to the differential. These splines are brittle and break down. One of the first signs is, apparently, noisy regenerative braking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well thanks Guys' for answering. As a matter of fact, my dealer said it was nothing unusual, so he did not fix it. I'll pay some extra attention to it and -if it gets worse- I'll revert back to the dealer again !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts