Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't there some talk from Karma Automotive last year about a noise & vibration upgrade package/procedures? Did that ever come to fruition? Did anybody do it?

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Yes there was on the Karma Automotive forum. There has been nothing recently. KA reads that forum and answers questions. I will place an question there and post what comes back.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hit both sites, too. I just couldn't remember where I read it, and this site has more action. But, thanks!!

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Yes, I posted a question there to bring the NVH topic back to the top. I am awaiting a response from KarmaNews. The last update was they had tested in January and expected more news soon. Nothing since.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Karma News answered on the NVH kit:

NVH kit is currently available at Karma authorized service providers. If you are interested, please contact them and inquire about TSB # 03.01.15.0001.06

Please note, this kit is not covered under vehicle warranty. We would recommend taking your car to your service provider who would be able to walk you through the options available to you.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Karma News answered on the NVH kit:

NVH kit is currently available at Karma authorized service providers. If you are interested, please contact them and inquire about TSB # 03.01.15.0001.06

Please note, this kit is not covered under vehicle warranty. We would recommend taking your car to your service provider who would be able to walk you through the options available to you.
What does this kit do? I haven't noticed any issues with mine.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It supposedly was looking for places to insert insulation, inject foam, or provide additional bracketing to reduce road noise and secure possibly rattly things that work themselves loose over the years.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
In the original post, Karma News described as sound deadening, and vibration reduction. I asked if it was "user" installable? The reply was it takes nearly 8 hours to install the "package" by a CSP.

Other than ICE noises, I don't find noise or vibrations in my Karma. That's not to say it couldn't be better -- but it certainly is not objectionable. Some time ago, I installed vibration damping material around the rear speaker panel to keep it from vibrating against the rear window. I also added some foam in side the door molding to reduce wind noise somewhat. Pretty satisfied, but sound deadening from the ICE and muffler would be desirable.

I will defer to Harley Guy and Philly Fisker for details.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think the NVH package would be nice if it makes a noticeable difference. I've got just over 10,500 miles on my tires and they seem to be a lot noisier now than they were when I first got the car. I rarely drive in Sport Mode, and I still would like the car to be quieter in Stealth than it currently is. Probably something to do with getting older and my hearing not being as good as it used to be. Wow, I sound like my dad did 30-40 years ago!

·
Registered
44 Posts
My car is currently in for service and I was wonderful no about this NVH kit also. I didn't know this before, but my car has no pancake muffler, just a factory installed straight pipe (it has a factory part number on it). Having never driven another Karma, I have nothing to compare it to, but I was told that it does sound rougher than other cars. I am having a muffler installed, but there are other noises I'd like to get rid of. Does anyone have a breakdown of the kit? I'm new to the forum but want to say thanks to all for some great constructive content.

·
Registered
888 Posts
In the original post, Karma News described as sound deadening, and vibration reduction. I asked if it was "user" installable? The reply was it takes nearly 8 hours to install the "package" by a CSP.

Other than ICE noises, I don't find noise or vibrations in my Karma. That's not to say it couldn't be better -- but it certainly is not objectionable. Some time ago, I installed vibration damping material around the rear speaker panel to keep it from vibrating against the rear window. I also added some foam in side the door molding to reduce wind noise somewhat. Pretty satisfied, but sound deadening from the ICE and muffler would be desirable.

I will defer to Harley Guy and Philly Fisker for details.
I want to bring this up again.

Did anybody apply such foam to the engine compartment?
I'd like to limit noises from the engine as well as from the muffler... the road is not that loud.
What kind of material should I use? How thick does it have to be? Any links to what you were using?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts