Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is this noise coming from my dash when I start the car for about 30 seconds. It sounds like a pump or like when you take a squeegee to a dry window. Is it normal or a problem? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
There is this noise coming from my dash when I start the car for about 30 seconds. It sounds like a pump or like when you take a squeegee to a dry window. Is it normal or a problem? Thanks
I think that is just the noise of the HVAC system setting the air distribution baffles (aka the Curtain) in whatever position requested by the AC settings on the CIU. As long as you have the right temperature air coming out of the correct registers, you should be OK. My car makes the same sound when I start it up and everything seems to be OK.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
If air continues to blow out the defroster vents the HVAC unit has a broken curtain or shade depends what you want to call it.Only repair is replacement

·
Leo Parker
19 Posts
If this is a churning noise then you are most likely describing a air pocket noise in the heater core, this happens when the coolant level goes low, be sure that the coolant level is checked.

If this is a scratching noise then 2 things needs to be checked:
1st thing cabin air filter for leaves/trash in this area, located behind the glove box
2nd thing passenger air mix servomotor, known to twitch and makes noises like this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts