Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This press release is particularly aggressive given Fisker's kind, gentle and laid-back image as a company. Nice to see some offense for a change:


ID: 830 | 03.15.2012
FALSE AND MISLEADING INFORMATION ALLEGATIONS THAT
FISKER RUSHED THE KARMA SEDAN TO MARKET

A number of blogs and media websites have recently published (and repeated) several false and misleading statements and allegations that Fisker Automotive rushed its Karma sedan to market even though it was not properly developed in order to meet certain milestones related to Fisker’s Department of Energy loan. Those allegations are absolutely untrue.

The San Francisco Chronicle identified the source of this information as John Hoffman, the store manager for Coda of Silicon Valley. Other sites, such asGigaOm, identified the source only as a former Fisker employee that now works for Coda. Given that Mr. Hoffman formerly worked at a Fisker retailer and now works at a Coda dealership and because the timing and nature of these statements are similar to those made in the San Francisco Chronicle article, we believe that the unidentified “insider” quoted byGigaOm and other sites is, in fact, Mr. Hoffman.

To be clear, Mr. Hoffman has never been employed by Fisker Automotive. He was briefly employed by a Fisker retailer. In any case, Mr. Hoffman was not privy to any business information from Fisker concerning the development of the Karma sedan and/or Fisker’s financing. Accordingly, Mr. Hoffman has no basis for his false and misleading claims.

These false published statements by Mr. Hoffman are having a negative impact on Fisker. Fisker is ready to take appropriate legal steps to protect its interests if necessary. However, at this point, we are in the process of contacting Mr. Hoffman and Coda of Silicon Valley and hope that they will cooperate to set the record straight.

ABOUT FISKER AUTOMOTIVE, INC.
Fisker Automotive is an American car company, founded in 2007, committed to producing electric vehicles with extended range (EVer) that deliver uncompromised responsible luxury. The company is designing and developing the world’s first line of premium electric plug-in hybrids representing the company’s firm belief that environmentally conscious cars need not sacrifice passion, style, or performance. Fisker Automotive is a global company that is redefining luxury for the modern sports car buyer. For more information on the brand and the Fisker Karma Sedan, please go to http://fiskerautomotive.com.
Login to view media contact information
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
Fabulist said:
These false published statements by Mr. Hoffman are having a negative impact on Fisker. Fisker is ready to take appropriate legal steps to protect its interests if necessary. However, at this point, we are in the process of contacting Mr. Hoffman...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
doug said:
Fabulist said:
These false published statements by Mr. Hoffman are having a negative impact on Fisker. Fisker is ready to take appropriate legal steps to protect its interests if necessary. However, at this point, we are in the process of contacting Mr. Hoffman...
LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
Ok, I dug up the SF Chronicle article. Coda electric sedan rolls off Benicia assembly line - SFGate.com

Karma 'wasn't ready'

John Hoffman, store manager for Coda of Silicon Valley, used to sell the Karma, the $107,000 advanced hybrid car from Fisker Automotive. But the car was prone to software glitches, he said. Of five Karmas delivered to his dealership in Marin County in January, four developed problems almost immediately.

The far more modest Coda sedan, Hoffman said, doesn't have those issues. "I think it's going to be a real win for the electric vehicle," he said. The Karma, he said, "is a phenomenal car, but it just wasn't ready to come to market."
Clearly this guy is just expressing his semi-informed opinion. First he's trying to promote the Coda which is a rather lack luster car. And secondly, he mentions software glitches in some Karmas he sold which is very likely fact. That Fisker delivered Karmas before all the bugs were worked out had anything to do with DOE loans is probably just his guess. It's unfortunate that GigaOm presented him as anyone with any authority. But I don't think Fisker can successfully sue a guy for expressing his opinion, especially when the fact is there are bugs.

Here's the Coda "command center":


Looks like they're just using the aux video input of an off-the-shelf double-DIN Alpine to display basic info. It's a much simpler car, offering far fewer features, so clearly it's less likely to have bugs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Fabulist said:
This press release is particularly aggressive given Fisker's kind, gentle and laid-back image as a company. Nice to see some offense for a change:


ID: 830 | 03.15.2012
FALSE AND MISLEADING INFORMATION ALLEGATIONS THAT
FISKER RUSHED THE KARMA SEDAN TO MARKET

A number of blogs and media websites have recently published (and repeated) several false and misleading statements and allegations that Fisker Automotive rushed its Karma sedan to market even though it was not properly developed in order to meet certain milestones related to Fisker’s Department of Energy loan. Those allegations are absolutely untrue.

The San Francisco Chronicle identified the source of this information as John Hoffman, the store manager for Coda of Silicon Valley. Other sites, such asGigaOm, identified the source only as a former Fisker employee that now works for Coda. Given that Mr. Hoffman formerly worked at a Fisker retailer and now works at a Coda dealership and because the timing and nature of these statements are similar to those made in the San Francisco Chronicle article, we believe that the unidentified “insider” quoted byGigaOm and other sites is, in fact, Mr. Hoffman.

To be clear, Mr. Hoffman has never been employed by Fisker Automotive. He was briefly employed by a Fisker retailer. In any case, Mr. Hoffman was not privy to any business information from Fisker concerning the development of the Karma sedan and/or Fisker’s financing. Accordingly, Mr. Hoffman has no basis for his false and misleading claims.

These false published statements by Mr. Hoffman are having a negative impact on Fisker. Fisker is ready to take appropriate legal steps to protect its interests if necessary. However, at this point, we are in the process of contacting Mr. Hoffman and Coda of Silicon Valley and hope that they will cooperate to set the record straight.

ABOUT FISKER AUTOMOTIVE, INC.
Fisker Automotive is an American car company, founded in 2007, committed to producing electric vehicles with extended range (EVer) that deliver uncompromised responsible luxury. The company is designing and developing the world’s first line of premium electric plug-in hybrids representing the company’s firm belief that environmentally conscious cars need not sacrifice passion, style, or performance. Fisker Automotive is a global company that is redefining luxury for the modern sports car buyer. For more information on the brand and the Fisker Karma Sedan, please go to http://fiskerautomotive.com.
Login to view media contact information
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top