Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was perusing thru the latest YouTube videos and stumbled upon this video:

In this video, the dealer rep said quite definitively "I do know there will NOT be a 2013 model, but they will have a 2014 model." Has anyone else heard this? Seems to differ a bit from what we've all been hearing from Fisker (e.g. 2013MY software package which has nighttime/daytime display modes, etc).

·
Registered
245 Posts
That's not consistent with what I've heard either, unless they're pulling one of those "call it 2014 model if it ships in Spring 2013" time warps.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
Was perusing thru the latest YouTube videos and stumbled upon this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QFIW7S_aw8

In this video, the dealer rep said quite definitively "I do know there will NOT be a 2013 model, but they will have a 2014 model." Has anyone else heard this? Seems to differ a bit from what we've all been hearing from Fisker (e.g. 2013MY software package which has nighttime/daytime display modes, etc).
Mindy is my sales lady at Ted britt, I'll ask her. Btw she also indicated regen does not happen unless you select hill mode, but we know better - she is fairly new, started a few months back, but she is doing a tremendous job getting the word out in Virginia - she is a good spokes person...

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
My dealer told me a while back that there would be no changes to the Karma in 2013. I also understand that the 2012's should get the 2013 software updates.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
The time for revealing MY2013 cars has passed. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fisker announce the next Karma iteration in early 2013 as a MY2014 car.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess that is good for resale value (not that any of us who bought 2012MY care about that sort of thing).

Wonder when the next big software update is coming - I'm looking forward to a white background screen for daytime driving!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mindy is my sales lady at Ted britt, I'll ask her. Btw she also indicated regen does not happen unless you select hill mode, but we know better - she is fairly new, started a few months back, but she is doing a tremendous job getting the word out in Virginia - she is a good spokes person...
She also says that "the diamonds in the back are speakers" thats not true either.. Well I hope someone could train her better so she could do her job better..

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
She also says that "the diamonds in the back are speakers" thats not true either.. Well I hope someone could train her better so she could do her job better..
I'll mention thar - I'll send her an email or speak to her next time I see her.

·
Registered
888 Posts
don't blame her. She just invented stereo exterior sound systems :)

Stefan

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
She is partially right. Those were where the speakers were supposed to be. I remember Henrik pointing to those and calling them speakers in the early days. I think the central location speaker was added much later than the 2008 consept. They still say HZ-Hybrid on them, right? I haven't looked.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
I'll mention that - I'll send her an email or speak to her next time I see her.
Received this from from the dealer ...

1. There is regenerative braking any time the brakes are applied and in Hill Mode even when brakes are not applied.

2. The rear diamonds were originally supposed to serve a couple of functions one of which was the speaker warning system. Mindy was errroneously advised that they were speakers. They are not. It turned out that there is one in the rear and one in the front and are not connected to the rear diamond shapes. These are purely decorative.

3. Any thing regarding Fikser production plans is purely speculative on our part and should not be construed as official Fisker policy. We suggest that should anyone want official positions of Fisker Automotive that they contact Russell Datz the Director of Corporate communications for Fisker at 714 485 1136.

·
Registered
89 Posts
This thread is timely -- I haven't stopped by here in quite some time but was hoping to find some info on this topic. Just yesterday I was perusing the EPA's website, and as of yet there has not been any compliance applications for Fisker for MY2013.

I remember with the existing MY2012 there was a delay of about three weeks between the granting of the compliance certificate, and posting on the website. So it's possible that it just hasn't made its way to the website yet.

But given the loss of so many cars in New Jersey, Fisker probably has other issues on hand at the moment. Still, one would have thought MY2013 certification would have been well underway by now. By comparison, Coda has already had their certificate for MY2013 for about two months.

This has all led me to suspect that there won't actually be any 2013 Fiskers, for whatever reason. So this reference to MY2014 is interesting; certainly it's the first anyone's heard of it, because apparently Fisker ain't sayin'.

Wouln't be the first time a small manufacturer has skipped model years (see Tesla, Bugatti). Anyone else got any news on this?

·
Registered
888 Posts
I really don't understand the importance of a new MY.
Fisker is constantly improving the Karma.
- new fans
- new AC module
- a lot of Software improvements
- some promises

I think, on a companies vita, it looks much better, getting projects to a stable point, instead of switching MY numbers to be able to tell the market "this have been issues in prior releases".

Stefan

·
Registered
89 Posts
Model years are apparently a much more American concept; I could get into it more but this might not be the appropriate thread.

In any case, by rule Fisker can't continue selling 2012 models forever. I'm just curious as to what the plan is, because at some point the Karma has to be certified to the NHTSA and EPA regulations of a new model year, be it 2013 or 2014. And the fact that the process isn't already underway is a bit disconcerting.

To be fair, the EPA's site doesn't even make reference to MY2014 yet, but I know that Ford and Nissan are going to be shipping 2014 Mustangs and GT-R's shortly after the first of the year (the earliest they can legally do so is Jan. 2, 2013). So it's possible the data is not yet publicly available.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Model years are apparently a much more American concept; I could get into it more but this might not be the appropriate thread.

In any case, by rule Fisker can't continue selling 2012 models forever. I'm just curious as to what the plan is, because at some point the Karma has to be certified to the NHTSA and EPA regulations of a new model year, be it 2013 or 2014. And the fact that the process isn't already underway is a bit disconcerting.
If for no other reason, Fisker needs to protect the resale value of the new owners by ticking up the model year on the cars sold in 2013, even if there are no significant changes. I also don't think the EPA/DOT regs change enough from 2012 to 2013 to require any redesign or major upgrade. They just need to announce the new 2013 model, same as the 2012 model. (That's pretty catchy. Someone should write a song around that concept. :D)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts