Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
ct-fiskerbuzz said:
Dutch said:
Great, I heard it is a beautiful car. But we'll have to wait another year before we get to see it.
And then how many more years until the real deliveries? ;)
I didn't want to spoil anyone's good mood :rolleyes:

(I think I might want to buy a Nina too, as a replacement for my family A6 Allroad, depending on how much space it has in the back seats and trunk. But then I need to take delivery before January 1, 2014, when the tax rebate ends which saves me € 2500 in taxes every year. Fisker is now aiming at first deliveries in spring 2013, but given what we've seen with the Karma I'm afraid it's going to be uncomfortably close to January 1, 2014).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
I am curious what the dealer took for a deposit when nothing has been announced regarding deposits by Fisker.

Dealer: Yeah, I will hold onto this $5000 for you and let you be the first to order your car from this dealership.

Not that it means you will be the first to own and drive a Project Nina car in Canada, because if that were the case I should have been driving my Karma a few weeks ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
5k but then it is in CAD not the real money ;). Jokes aside - I tried out the Karma first and loved it. I had been following the Fisker buzz for a while and I asked my dealer if they were accepting deposits on Nina. It took him over a week to check and get approvals and he finally sent me the forms to fill and sign. That being said they are kind of slow and I am still waiting for my finalized contract to be delivered to me. Yes it is big "leap of Faith" (borrowing the line from Karma owner Leonardo DiCaprio) in Fisker that I put my deposit without even looking at Nina. Looking at Karma and Surf I think Nina will be a beauty!

Other contributing factors:
- Karma being the first gen Ev from Fisker it is going to have it's share of hiccups (case in point the recent battery issue). This will only help Fisker in refining and fine tuning most of the kinks out of their cars in the coming years.
- I do want a Ev Hybrid that is fun to drive and sexy, not the ugly volt's, leafs and priuses that we have today.
- The idea of an all battery powered car like tesla makes me nervous.
- My daily round-trip commute to work is less than 30 miles in rush hour traffic and with a Ev Hybrid I can survive months on just charging the battery. Gas is a bonus for the extended range without the worry of getting stuck in the boonies.

I would like to have the Nina soon but do not mind waiting for the next 2-3 years for them to work out all the kinks. Until then I am looking at getting the Fiat Abarth as my 2nd car for daily commute to work. That's my plan anyway....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
rahul said:
- I do want a Ev Hybrid that is fun to drive and sexy, not the ugly volt's, leafs and priuses that we have today.
- The idea of an all battery powered car like tesla makes me nervous.
I don't find the Volt "ugly" per se, it's just ... ordinary and boring, like any other Chevy sedan, or Toyota family sedan, etc.

I like the Model S on specs (would have to see it in person to be sure about that), but have similar reservations about battery-only, especially since there is nothing in the way of EV infrastructure between here and the Boise area (younger brother's place). I have not seen the Nina but I'd bet it looks better than the Model S too. :D

Anyway, I gave in to temptation and ordered the Karma, so... !
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
ct-fiskerbuzz said:
I have not seen the Nina but I'd bet it looks better than the Model S too. :D
@Rahul: I have seen two drafts of the Nina (concept and prototype), and IMHO it is a much more striking and distinctive looking car than the Tesla Model S. It will also have a lot in common with the Karma, as you would expect, and all the Karma debugging will ultimately benefit the Nina, whereas the Tesla Model S is going to be a whole new car and will go through its own teething pains. The EV vs. EVER gap is already starting to close with the newer generation batteries with 200+ range so that may not turn out to be a huge factor by the time you take delivery of your car, but on the styling front, the Fisker Nina is, in my view, going to kick Tesla's rear end.

-- Fab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Fabulist said:
ct-fiskerbuzz said:
I have not seen the Nina but I'd bet it looks better than the Model S too. :D
@Rahul: I have seen two drafts of the Nina (concept and prototype), and IMHO it is a much more striking and distinctive looking car than the Tesla Model S. It will also have a lot in common with the Karma, as you would expect, and all the Karma debugging will ultimately benefit the Nina, whereas the Tesla Model S is going to be a whole new car and will go through its own teething pains. The EV vs. EVER gap is already starting to close with the newer generation batteries with 200+ range so that may not turn out to be a huge factor by the time you take delivery of your car, but on the styling front, the Fisker Nina is, in my view, going to kick Tesla's rear end.

DITTO....and I've check it out again not too long ago.
-- Fab.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top