Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!

Totally new to this and also proud new owner of a Fisker.

I have a few questions..

1 how can I tell what ver of software I'm running?
2 how do I get the remote start to work?
3 how can I tell what my radio serial number is to setup Sirus radio?

I Bought my car two weeks ago with all the bad stuff going down with Fisker. I thought I would seize the opportunity to be one of the few elite to own one. I have read all the good the bad and ugly about the car and still felt compelled to buy it. So I'm not sure if I'm one of the dumbest guys or what but I love my car..

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
You can check the CIU version by holding the bottom button on the screen down for 8 seconds, then release. The other software versions need to be read by the diagnostic software.

There is no remote start function.

Not sure on the serial # question, I've never looked into setting that up, sorry :(

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw on YouTube some guy start a white one up with the remote?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Welcome NJFiskerGuy!

Most of us are enjoying a problem-free and gas-free ride. However, if you do get a warning light or something else isn't working quite right, turn off the car for 2 minutes to let it do a soft reset.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Forgot add the software number while in Climate control mode hold the bottom button down until the screen switches after that release the button the should give you the version number . Also if you search the forum threads I believe someone took screen shots of the process

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Welcome. And it is tradition around here to post photos of your new Karma in the "Owner's Garage" forum. ALways happy to welcome a new owner into the community.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow.. Thanks for all the replys. It showed that I have software Ver 05.03.99.00 would that be right?

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Wow.. Thanks for all the replys. It showed that I have software Ver 05.03.99.00 would that be right?
That is the correct version . I would be very surprised that any Karmas state side aren't on the 510 software . We do have a couple out of the US that are on 628 haven't gotten a call from the owners since delivery so have no idea how the cars are performing .

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I kept on reading posts about ver 6.15? Maybe it was for something different?

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
I kept on reading posts about ver 6.15? Maybe it was for something different?
Fisker's software numbering scheme is a bit convoluted. The progression was 6.14 -> 6.15 -> 6.28 -> 510

There's a post here somewhere that explains the numbering convention more fully, and that the number we see is just a portion of the full version number. The punchline is that 510 is the most recent software version released to customers. Morevover, the "510" version actually consists of a number of different components, each of which have their own version number. There actually is no display that will tell you that you're on the "510" software, but you can divine it if you know the release numbers of the various components by looking at the semi-hidden "System" screen.

Brent

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok thank you for clearing that up for me. It's been driving me crazy..

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Also the screen only gives you one portion of the software that number you pulled up is the CIU software . As mentioned each software version updated various modules . Updates can consist of fuel computer to the drivers display . Some of the software you can see the change at one time their was a clock where the digital display for MPH is now . A lot of the software does a lot of things behind the scenes better communication between modules the list goes on . The screen you were able to view was going to be removed with the next version 500 but Fisker still working out some bugs so never got released I saw some previews of the CIU update and touch screen update . The touch screen was going to have two colors depending on day or night .

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
still new with questions

Heres and other question for you guys. Do i run the car in stealth mode until the batteries run out then go into Sport mode? How about when i'm on the highway? i understand if i'm running around town Stealth mode is the way to go. But just not sure about the rest of the time.ALso i noticed that when the batteries run out i can still run in Stealth is this ok?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hello!!

Totally new to this and also proud new owner of a Fisker.

I have a few questions..

1 how can I tell what ver of software I'm running?
2 how do I get the remote start to work?
3 how can I tell what my radio serial number is to setup Sirus radio?

I Bought my car two weeks ago with all the bad stuff going down with Fisker. I thought I would seize the opportunity to be one of the few elite to own one. I have read all the good the bad and ugly about the car and still felt compelled to buy it. So I'm not sure if I'm one of the dumbest guys or what but I love my car..

Thanks for all the help.
The future will tell if you made a smart or dumb decision. For sure you are not faint-hearted. I do hope you got a good deal on the car.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What you would consider a good deal?

1 - 20 of 111 Posts